Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Haji Ali in memoriam

My father in law, Haji Ali Daud passed away at HKL yesterday.He's one of the toughest men I've met (emotionally).At 72, he suffered from all sorts of ailment you can think of: diabetes, heart problem, renal problem (failure!), eye problem etc.He had all these in his mid 50s.His leg was amputated when Nik and I were doing our hajj in 2000.He plodded along, never showed any sign of self pity, trying to "menghabiskan lagu"/finish up the song (his favourite expression) which refers to his journey towards death.

Nik and I had been held up by so many things in the last couple of weeks of his living (I think I had not visited him longer than Nik cos' I was busy with my own mom, also warded for the same kinda illness) but on Sunday evening, I thought of how he was doing and text-ed Faisal, my bro in law.Faisal said the docs had announced that he had 0% of living and gave him 1-2 days.It was 9 pm, past the visiting hours.I told Faisal I'd go the following day, lunch hours.

Meanwhile I was on the ph with my niece doctor on this.She was wondering why my fil (father in law) was not placed in ICU if he had zero chance of living.So she rang up HKL to know details.

Then she rang me up to say my fil was placed on "death in line" and I guess it's just waiting for that song to end.I told Umi, I'll visit him the following day.

Umi: you still wanna wait that long?

Me: It's 9 pm.They are very strict with visiting time

Umi: Tell them he's nazak already.They'll let you in.

So I decided to take that chance.I told Nik (who's still recovering from his cataract removing thingy) but he was reluctant to go .Besok je kita pergi, he said.

I said besok may be too late.Nanti menyesal tak habis.
So the three of us dressed up and went.Memang susah nak masuk but we were prepared with our script.

"Dia dah nazak."

The guard let us in.

Haji Ali was sleeping (in difficulty cos' his lungs were no good).I read yassin for him.Then my psychic friend Borhan (with whom I was on sms earlier) beeped that I call him so that he could transfer some energy into my weak father in law.But he said, "If it's time, he would go peacefully.If not, he would recover."

Borhan is a family friend and we had gone a long way.I have seen his "magic". :)
I said OK but passed on the phone to Nik for fear of unexpected thing.

As Nik listened to Borhan on the ph while touching my father in law's leg, there was a violent reaction (as though two things clashed...Borhan later explained it's positive and negative energy colliding) I dah naik takut..my fil had so much energy to cough out his phlegm but it didn't come out.

He showed disturbed signs that I asked Z to call Faisal (who was having his dinner at almost 10pm! Itu pun I bawak his dinner.Since my mom got sick. I now know about caring for care givers so I was a bit more thoughtful than usual) Anyway, my fil calmed down after a while and then a stressful ph call from my mom's maid at HUKM came to say my mom was also having some red alerts at the hospital.So we rushed to see her.She was suffocating cos' her lungs penuh air walhal she just did dialysis during the day.They had to do it again (twice in a day!) to keluarkan air.

By the time we got home, it was 1 am.Before I slept, I said a little prayer, "If anybody had to die tonight, please Lord, delay it to tomorrow morning around 6 or 7 am.I am soooooooooo tired."

When I woke up for Subuh, I was amazed at how my sleep went undisturbed, said my syukur and prayed Subuh, with a sense of peace.At about 6.50 am, Nik's phone rang.Lina (his sister)'s name came up flashing.She and Faisal slept over at the hospital, each taking turn to care for their dad.

We knew.

The song had ended.

Al fatihah to Haji Ali Daud who was like my own dad who I could not give gifts every time I went away overseas (my Dad died when I was 18, just after my SPM.Tak sempat ku balas jasanya).Semoga rohnya ditempatkan di kalangan orang-orang yang diredhoi Allah.

3 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

-Al Fatihah-
Semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat

dill said...

Takziah.

Moga allahyarham ditempatkan di kalangan orang yang beriman. Insyaallah.

Al-Fatihah

Faridah said...

Thanks Lady and dill