Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Muse Died

It was murdered by admin work.I miss writing short stories.Poems not so much. :)
I write all the time in my head.A beginning of a story.A leading character.

Just the other day, I had something like this written in my head:

Kilat dan petir di dalam kepala.Sabung menyabung.
I actually saw them.

Then blank.

If you have been a writer and writing easily, this is indeed a tragedy.

Lily says think of it as something that makes me happy at least every 2 or 3 hours for 15 mins.
Not the kilat or petir.My writing.

She says we need to recharge every 2-3 hours by closing our eyes for a good 15 mins and think of happy things.A person.An event.A hobby.Anything.

Try it and see if you can remember having been so happy in your life.Quite tricky if you have been busy with work and have not been on a good holiday with your loved ones for so long!

But my happy image is this: my family going on a vacation.Sometimes in Brunei.Others in NZ, Oman, Ritz Calton, KL and Putrajaya.Putrajaya! Hahaha (remember fishing in a lake without bait? I loved those moments)

4 comments:

Asma' Umm Hudzaifah said...

ahhh should try with the closing eyes thing. life goes so fast most of the time!

I remember reading your poem about the veil and feeling proud about wearing hijaab. alhamdulillaah :)

any chance of a novel from u then, dr Faridah? :)

Faridah said...

asma': the closing eyes thingy works.Try it.I usually do it for 5 mins after solat.Solat itself is an energy charger (cos' we block all worldly thoughts and focus on the divine..and air wudu' itself will eliminate all negative vibes as they are washed away.I don't have the scientific explaination on ions and all but water is a positive element.Why do you think the Prophet asked us to take wudu' when we are angry?)

Novel ~ a constant dream.I'll get there, InsyaAllah.

Asma' Umm Hudzaifah said...

yeah thanks for the reminder about solat as energy charger. khusyuk is the key!

talking about wudu'-i just heard a good lecture regarding it.that is to remember our kesan wudu' will glow at masyar, inshaAllah and that is how the Prophet saw will recosgnize his ummah. and yes it will remove our sins too. it correlates with your point of negative vibes:)

May Allah grant you strength to write more- im sure it will benefit lots of people.:)ameen!

Faridah said...

Negative ions are good for health http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/negative-ions-the-positive-effect-on-health-1009566.html