Friday, December 24, 2010

Al fatihah Dr Marzuki

You were a friend who knew
no anger
no grudge
no malice

I see you laughing as Nik and I are lost in our hysteria
of our hatred of a shared enemy
you listen but do not join us
as we entertain our bad thoughts of this common other

you laugh when we laugh
we feel you are on our side
we love you for that

I can always confide in you stories of my anger, my frustration (with Nik in the background, encouraging with his two horns) whenever I bump into you at uni functions and dinners
again, you never add, you never subtract
you listen, you smile, you laugh

I feel you are on my side again

today
I have lost that kind soul
who is a friend to everyone
enemy to none

Farewell Dr Marzuki, may Allah bless you and give you jannah
(Al fatihah)

** Allahyarham Dr Marzuki was the Dean of Admission and Record at IIUM who passed away today after collapsing at work ..after a meeting with Deans and Dep Rector (heart attack) He was just touching 50, I think.May Allah grant him the best in jannah. Nik in this piece is a mutual friend, not Nik my husband. :)

1 comment:

BICARA RASA said...

al-fatihah!