Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fulbright Book Launch

It was yesterday and I didn't expect to see Tan Sri Ani Arope and Dato' Paduka Marina Mahathir at the same event! I had a nice long chat with Tan Sri on the history of the Achehnese and Rawas in Tanah Melayu (and other things). Sempat salam with Dato Paduka but didn't make any effort to engage in a chat with her. But I like her speech (mcm bapak dia juga..soft spoken but bisa when addressing American politics and invasion of Iraq, etc).

Had a good time meeting other fulbrighters.The current comm does well.Gayah does well as VP.So proud of her.

Malamnya emergency with my mom.Her vascular acting up again.I slept at the hospital.

2 comments:

Tini Rahim said...

Hi Mdm!

Didn't know you're a Fulbrighter. My company worked together with US Embassy last month and organized an alumni dinner in Cherating for US Exchange Progs (IVLP, Fulbright, YES etc). Didn't see your name in the Fulbright list.

Faridah said...

Hi Tini: I was a recipient in 2007 (Cornell Uni.in New York).I have not been active in Fulbright alum activities but would attend some events every now and then.The Cherating thingy may be for a select few (new andold Fulbrighters..depa pun takda duit nak ajak org dtg ramai2. : ) ) It's a good experience.You should apply.They do offer places for pgrads (Fulbright ni byk jenis.I was under the Fulbright Scholar Prog.Ada yang on access to the Muslim world stint which is more short term, ada for people to do their Master's and PhDs).Yang lama dan agak prestigious is the Scholar proglah sebab it's very competitive to get it.