Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I yang tak penakut...

Hari ni rasa mcm hero.

Cos' I helped my book designer designed the book cover! Haha.But Shafiq pun pretty cool.Dia tidak mengikut melulu.

Maybe I should be in the publishing industry.All I have to do now is learn how to do typesetting.Design2 ni dah pakar...

The GERAK gang are cooking something in support of Prof Aziz Bari although I'm sure he's capable of taking care of himself.Still.. we are thinking of safeguarding our own professionalism/integrity as academics (this vs cheap politicians yang takda kerja, ditolak parti).

On a different note: I have to record my amazement of progress made by my postgrads (both Master's and PhD's ). Transformation came early with these batches.Something I said? Or are we getting better students now??

4 comments:

Humaira said...

I'd say better students now:) I know my 2008 batch is a pretty awesome bunch; there were 12 of us who managed to get into the rector's list and i know some of them went on to do their grad studies with IIUM:p (puji batch sendiri tapi memang betul)

Anonymous Devil said...

i thought you're going to write about ghosts. hehe..

that issue with prof. aziz. i do hope iium won't ask him to leave. if they do, then diorang yg rugi. halau je sume academicians yg ade. i really hate that zulkifli nordin. i was really infuriated when i saw the news the other day tau.

Humaira Bt. Raslie said...

Oh ya Allah x knw why second part of my comment is x displayed.

anyways jokes aside, i also know that you can be verrryy inspiring as as lecturer; you managed to keep me awake when i had that 8.30 a.m. MSL class with you:P

One question: what happened to Prof Aziz?

Faridah said...

Hmaira and Xlanx: thanks for comments.Takda dah cerita hantu at the moment.Kalau ada, I'll post.Haha.

I agree with Xlanx: same sentiment.Kalau pecat academics yang berani dan berilmu, nanti students pun keluar toye2..semua ikut ckp org and non-critical.But so far, so good.He was questioned by people from one of the Kementerians and that's it.But Perstauna Akademik will still issue a press statement reminding politicians jgn cuba nak mengajar kalau sendiri belum habis mengaji.If not, have an oen debat tanpa syarat, kan? We are all entitled to our own opinions but let it be fair game.

Humaira: thks for kind words of my teaching.I try not to fall asleep too so I have to make sure my students are interesting too at 8 am or 6 pm!