Thursday, November 24, 2011

I survived..I will survive

Syukur alhamdullilah, I survived my forum on human rights in Malaysia yesterday (was a panelist with Prof Aziz Bari and one of the 4 Commissioners of SUHAKAM James Nayagam)

Thanks to a friend who was kind enough to help me gather articles on the topic (I spoke on women's rights in Msia) I think I did pretty well and enjoyed the session so much. :) Sebelum tu I had so many butterflies in my tummy (maklum I'm not of legal background). A fren sms-ed me the following which was so funny and comforting:


All your pets will be behind you, hidup atau dah mati! Remember Tuah, looking from heaven! Tomorrow you will be on the metro front page, so speak up for all of us!

It was indeed a nice experience. Fun time catching up with Prof Aziz and meeting James.

I am also so proud of student organisers (Political Science Dept) for being so brave in organising this forum.Katanya ada 3 pak guards datang melihat2.My, nak tengok apa? Ini kan university? Memang kerja kita bercakap dan berfikir!

A good thing the forum was not cancelled.

2 comments:

Anonymous Devil said...

waaa.. pak guards are now like that ar.. intimidating people and everything.

anyway, am i glad they selected you to talk about the women's rights issues instead of anyone from Sisters In Islam or any liberal thinking groups for that matter. these people can be very dangerous with their ways of thinking.

Faridah said...

Xlanx: Thank you Xlanx.Pak Guards kat UIA now macam FRUs pun ada, mcm SBs pun ada, mcm polis trafik pun ada...tadi katanya students buat demo lagi kat depan masjid.I didn't know..kalau tak, boleh juga pi menyibuk lagi (but kalau kerap sgt, bosan juga.Haha)