Friday, November 18, 2011

Tuah had gone to heaven

Tuah, during her prime




Tuah, one of my two rabbits died at 7.15 am today.I was there during her nazak.Bibik fed her water.Mak I entah mengapa sapu minyak cap kapak kat perut Tuah...maybe THAT sped up the process of sending her to heaven.

I never really liked Tuah.I thot she was ugly, ill-mannered and jahat sebab dia suka gigit orang and suka mengamuk (kalau lambat kasi makan) not like my beautiful Teja.Tuah would always lie on the upper deck and poor Teja tidur atas hay yang kadang-kadang penuh dgn taik.

The last few weeks and it got intensified the last 2 days, I was seriously thinking of giving away the two to my friends.Arrangement was made: the rabbits would be handed over to Sulazli after the sch holiday for therapy for her special school kids.
But last nite I changed my mind..sebab terasa sayang.I mean every morning and balik kerja, the first two we'd see would be Tuah and Teja in our porch and kita akan kata hi rabbits or hi Tuah hi Teja...Nik would marah the two kalau dia bising on his way to work (selepas pakai kasut kerja).

They have become part of our life.

So belum sempat I nak hantar Tuah ke the vet, dia dah mati.I thot letak je dlm rubbish bag and buang but my mom (and a close fren) said give it a decent burial.So I rang Man, my gardener friend at IIUM.Here's our ph conversation:

"Man, arnab saya mati.Boleh tak awak tolong tanam?

"Hubungi masjid.Biar masjid uruskan" (dead serious tone)

I was like ha? biar betul..then in my tears I could not stop laughing (sampai berguling2 dan bergelinangan airmata.A real hysteria)

"Man, ARNAB bukan orang" (he must have heard anak..na'uzubillah!)

"Ooooohhh..terkejut saya..saya ingat orang tadi.Boleh boleh..nanti sampai ofis, kol saya."

So Tuah was buried somewhere at IIUM Gombak.Nanti I will go and see where.

Plan for Teja: either I give her to someone or I get her a new friend.Kalau tak dia akan mati lonely.

9 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

RIP Tuah..

syima said...

I'm sorry for your loss Dr.I'm sure Tuan is on her way to heaven :) But should I feel bad that your post made me laugh hysterically? :P

Faridah said...

Lady: Thanks.You would understand having pets yourself.

Syima: I know...on one hand, it is a loss but the events surrounding the loss agak lawak juga.I was between tears and hysteria juga esp..bab minyak cap kapak mak I tu and Man's response suruh kontek masjid..I mean..what was he thinking, kan?

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

I nak tergelak serba salah. Ini memang salah minyak cap kapak. Not your mom's fault. Hehehe!

Buried in the Garden of Knowledge tu.

Faridah said...

Dr Bubbles: I wish I knew penyebab kematian.Nak buat post-mortem takut tak berbaloi.But I intend to bawak Teja sebelum terlambat.Mcm org anak ramai, mesti ada favourite, kan? I know it's bad but Teja is soooo cute and baik.

rascal r us said...

The author did not "like" Tuah was in a way , shielding her vulnerability to the situation at hand. By not liking Tuah, she shield herself emotionally from the tragic event.
There are also some gender issue here that needs to be addressed. Perhaps the author wanted badly a male hare, to pass her inheritence she dared to name a female rabbit "Tuah"

Ms Syakira said...

My arnab named "Adik" mati last week 11.11.2011, Dr Faridah. really sad..i tak sempat tgk..really regret sbb tak cakap hi pada dia masa nak pi kerja.

actly, me dah plan nak jual dia or antar pada orang coz i tak mampu jaga.dlu masa beli, ingat jaga arnab senang mcm kucing tp who knows ajal dia cepat. i hav this feeling yg kita tak boleh pikir utk buang haiwan ksygan kita pd orang lain coz they'll know it before we do it.

he died on friday. i think he'd gone to Heaven to meet Teja.

Faridah said...

Wow...you fantastic people! I'm glad I went into the rabbit world..there are so many fun, intelligent people connected to this er..vulnerable world (yes, rabbits die easily and owners are so fragile confronted with sudden deaths)

Rascal r us: thank you for your psychoanalysis (it makes me feel a bit of a psycho myself.Haha)Tuah was a name given by a group of friends (we had a naming competition...we all thought Tuah was a male until I saw the vet)

Snow White: I had the same feeling (same reasons for wanting to give them away)..if we feel the rabbits are a burden to us, God will take them away from us.Wahhh..do all rabbits die on a Friday?

Mawar said...

Kak F
kepada DIA kita kembali...salam takziah.