Thursday, March 20, 2014

Kuda kepang

I wish I could say I hate this horsey year...

I think we will never recover from MH370.It has affected all of us so tremendously.I hope they are wrong about today's finding.24 meter la konon.

Next week this horsey year akan terus mengepang.I tak larat nak terkejar-kejar macam minggu ni lagi. Mcm driver. Entah macamana I made it to the radio interview..dah janji bdk2 Comm tu I'd do a book review on their show (radio iium...haha...kali ni hits I bertambah from the last time I spoke: naik 20 tangga from 50 people to 70. :)) ) Anyway, we had a good time talking about the latest book I'd just finished reading - a memoir called Toyo by an Australian lawyer (of mixed parentage: Japanese-Chinese).Spoke a bit on multiculturalism policies in Oz and multiculturalism on campus (tak ke mana pun - kita tak pandai mengambil kesempatan, yo)
Doing a book review on iium.fm

Petang tu I was trying hard not to doze off with my friends at our former Rector's talk.Time soalan I asked him pasal his comment on why poverty is rampant amidst Muslims..kata dia sebab kita tak embrace Islamic worldview dan tak tau why we are here, where we are going..I kata more than that..tengok la structure education kita..belajar lama2 dan penat2 ..tau satu field je...zaman gemilang Islam you start early => 7 tahun dah hafiz..then berguru tiga tahun on a subject then moved on to learn another subject for 3 years (taraf PhD tu) sampai umur 26 ke 27, dah mastered 7-8 disciplines.Jawaban AbuSulayman (he's a witty guy): sapa2 yang ikut classicist pun tetap miskin.Kah2. (tapi I'm not convinced, ya).

He said something really interesting about hajj.He said kalau Quran tu dikaji betul2..musim haji sebenarnya 3 bulan bukan mcm kita buat la ni.Kalau setakat beberapa hari tu..ramai la tak leh buat haji.Well..tell that to the Saudis lah kan? (and he's one influential Saudi)

Let's hope there will not be many mosquitoes the weekend we are camping this week.Sungguh ngeri memikirkannya.I'll blog about it late Sunday, InsyaAllah.


No comments: