Friday, March 07, 2014

Uneven field

What a day! After attending RMC's session on research, I went to celebrate the International Women's Day with my girlies.We had 3 research topics (sharing research findings) being presented which every girl loved. Prof Najibah spoke of the regulation of filial responsibility law in Msia in comparison to a few countries in Asia-Pac.Enlightening gila.She mentioned a case in which a Muslim dad and his second wife sued his son for refusing to pay their hospital bills (this in Msia).Mahkamah syariah found the son guilty based on ayat Quran on the need for children to have mercy on their aged parents and to take care of them.Fui...dasyat.If my mom knows her syariah rights, habis kami kena sue. :)) Maybe today's session was a lesson from Allah for me.Dr Hari also spoke of her experience in    the Philippines working with elderly women helping other elderly women post Haiyan typhoon (she took a 4-hour boat ride to get to this island, you know? I can never volunteer to do things like that! She said I could help answer phones at MERCY.Haha.That, I can do)

I had lunch and a women's day cake cutting session with the girls before going off to do some stuffs at my fav mall.While going home, a friend sms-ed saying dia tengah bengang and sad.I said must be your hormones (men pun ada menopause,kan?). He said no...it's kes Anwar Ibrahim.I was out all day and missed the breaking news.Balik rumah terus tengok news on this.Darn!

But I have a feeling something big will take place.I hope some stupid people will not start any violent provocation during the by-election time nanti.

No comments: