Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy Earth Day

This planet needs lots of caring. But first, the awareness of how bad the situation is must be there.Read this http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/strategy/Short-termism_and_the_threat_from_climate_change

More news of our Earth Day activities tonight in sha Allah.

Laporan lengkap 2015 Earth Day @iium

We didn't sleep many nights planning, chatting, gossiping on preps of ASA's Earth Day (today).Our WA group got bigger each day as the D-day grew closer.I was running around like a zombie on this, on my day job at the RMC, my promise to Ainin I'd give a talk at her sch.Mereng! That is the word so close to what I was feeling..we had to raise our own fund for the young inventor competition (cleaning tne river), songwriting competition, this that.By launch time at 9 am by Dato Sri Rector, we were still short of RM5k out of over RM12k for the inventor competition.We put up a brave face.Tiba2 dgn takdir Allah...Rector now so happy with our green efforts pledged Rm5k lagi for the inventor competition without knowing mmg itulah kehendak hati kami!

Still the money for songwriting was not really sorted out but I was prepared to sponsor it.Tiba2 one energy company rang me up and said although they knew they were late, they would still want to give and asked me what was needed. MasyaAllah...Allah knew.Betullah my firasat to my KOE colleagues: do not worry about money...Allah is always with those who want to do good.Even whn the money was not thr at launch time, we were set to have fun and refused to be worried about our
money problem.We had planned to set up gerai jual air come Ramadan.:))

Alhamdulillah everything went well.From the river competition to songwriting.Fynn Jamal came and sang and gave tips on songwriting.MasyaAllah she's a real talent! We had the competition at the newest and yuppiest cafe Uniq.Mmg happening.The 5 group contestants mmg awesome.Farhan pun competed.

Petang IIUM horticulturalist picked a fight with me over order of trees for Saturday.That really spoiled wht was a perfect day for all of us.Last min cancellation of order of trees just because I told her I could get cheaper trees if she insisted on gst (ni company uia ni). When she agreed with my price semlm, I cancelled with the other cheap nursery.Takkan last min mcm today nak kata order is off.I think everyone was under pressure. Dapat pulak client like me. Poor DB guy had to pick up the mess.

Pics later.

No comments: