Saturday, April 04, 2015

Teater Melayu

I had planned to join my MSL students to see Khaled Salleh's "Kena Main" play at Istana Budaya on Friday evening.But I thought I would only return frm Kuantan on Saturday morning.Rupa2nya balik Friday petang so sempat la pergi.I went back to pick Z.Nik got stuck in a massive jam so could not join us.Nasib dia tak boleh pergi!

The play was boring dari segi weak plot, setting, costuming, lighting.Harapkan Eman Manan and Sudin je to menghidupkan the bangsawan-like theater.No intermission.Z and I wanted to balik kalau ada.I guess it has something to do with not having Tiara's budget.But Z said there had been really good Malay plays in the past so she was of the opinion "Kena Main " was wht it was because it had the oldies (possibly trained in the bangsawan tradition) in control.Kalau bdk2 muda yg produce, lain sikit.Wallahualam.But we loved Eman Manan.Hidup lakonannya and he's funny.

I was in Kuantan on a research roadshow.Alhamdulillah IIUM got 11 frgs flood research grants and 2 PRGS grants with the total amount of RM851,200. We had a few new records.I belanja my team at Tanjung Lumpor and lunch ikan patin in Temerloh as my appreciation of their hardwork. We knew late so 13 grants tu kira baguslah (over 50 people applied but budget for flood grants was only RM20 million - to be shared satu Malaysia).

It won't be a lazy weekend this week.

Kena Main cast

Terima kaseyy!

RIU's orang kuat at Zenith, Kuantan

Ikan Patin at Temerloh

Sungai Temerloh after the big flood

2 comments:

Nazhatulshima N said...

You made me feel better for not having the chance to go and watch. It's Eman Manan that attracts me to want to watch in the first place.

Faridah said...

Shima: He was superb.