Sunday, January 10, 2016

Jan babies

Call it friendship week or party time but I had another fun time with my friends who went to New Zealand for our various English degrees (some did literature, others did linguistics or TESL). Initially 9 said yes, two had to withdraw cos' their moms suddenly fell ill (sorang masuk ICU) and the third one was on duty in Melaka and could not make it in time.

We all wore purple (the official colour of old aged women according to the poem sent by Ruzy).We also brought spare shoe to wear sebelah lain to mark the age where we'd wear baju/telekong terbalik, kasut lain sebelah etc.Our point is: celebrate it and don't deny old age.Haha.

Oh what fun (just like the day before with my sch friends). We kidnapped a saxophonist who was playing at one of the stores not far from our high tea place (Harrods restaurant - after failing to get the Orchid Room at the Majestic). So Mr Goh serenaded all 4 of us a birthday song (he played it twice).Memang gempaklah like the place kita punya.We had three video clips on this but it's so embarassing as the golden girls let loose so I will not put it here. ;)

My friends Azura & Azah, seronok sgt with the event (everyone gave gifts to each other regardless dia Jan baby ke tak) sampai cakap: we must do this every month.Idak le sayang oiii...mak byk kerja kat ofis.

Earlier I was at Makcik Ma's kenduri.Her new cucu.She insisted that I sat with a Datin Sri at their dining instead duduk kat luar.There were other Datins and Datoks that bdk catering tu started calling me Dato juga.Ha ha, lantak kau la nak. :))  Then as we were leaving baru I tau that I was sitting next to TPM's wife.My, she's so nice.Kita dok cerita pasal the tahfiz school she was involved in.At that
time I didnt know who she was (but did wonder why people fussed over her). At the end of lunch, we were all hugging each other and saying it was really nice meeting you.Truth be told, best not to know who's who so that a genuine friendship can take place.

Makcik Ma tetap anggun macam biasa.She was telling everyone I masuk Melodi talking (being interviewed by a TV anchor cos' she read my blog entry on MJ) on Michael Jackson masa he died dulu.That was a longgggg time ago but she remembered!

Bless Makcik Ma.






No comments: