Saturday, June 04, 2016

Alfatihah Muhammad Ali

I heard the news on my morning radio this morning.The Champ died on a Friday.Allahuakbar, the Most Merciful and Compassionate! Mulianya mati seorang mujahid. Not because of drug overdose, heart attack in some seedy nightclub, not in the arms of a prostitute, not drunk...

I cried more than 3 times over his death. I wondered about my over-sensitivitiness.Semi mentioned something about us belonging to his era.I don't get sentimental over such thing easily. I think it's because for a long time I discovered what a genius he was.He came out off black poverty, discrimination and racial hatred. He dreamt big and made it happen.Not without faith in Allah.My god, every time I listen to his interviews, I marvel at his intelligence and wisdom. Read what Muhammad said here:

 "Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them — a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
and this:
"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up."
US Presidents from Bush to Clinton to now Obama all had honoured him.Clinton gave him the honour to carry the Olympic torch way back in the 1990s. Obama gave him this tribute http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0604-obama-statement-02.pdf
Alfatihah Muhammad. May you meet the other Muhammad (pbuh) in firdausi.

No comments: