Sunday, July 10, 2016

Raya stories

I won't pretend this year it didn't feel much of a raya.But I was determined to celebrate it with joy because that is perintah Tuhan.Raya puasa is hari kemenangan bagi mereka yang beriman dan telah berjaya mengikut perintah puasa sebulan kerana Allah Taala so we went to visit the kubur a day before for my parents in law in Kota Dsara and on day two for my parents in my kampong.First day was at our place.About 11 or so we drove back to Raub.Traffic was good.

We stayed at a hotel cos' mak's house was left empty for so long.My youngest, the owner of the house dah upah org cuci but still..I tengok the rumput still panjang. Sal and family slept for a night.Bihah said byk cicak and katak in the bathrooms...ada katak, mesti ada...eeeeiii.Told my youngest to take care of the house..sayang tak berjaga..kalau buat homestay, sebijik swimming pool lepas lagi tu.

I took more time to get to know my cousins on my dad's side and anak my cousin yg stopped growing at 12 intellectually tu.He's 47 I think but has the mind of a 12 year old but he could read and write (he went to sch until standard 6 then demam panas jadi mcm tu). Nama dia Zulkifli but my dad called him Leik.I don't know who added Chaleik.We used to laugh at him..my dad suka usik dia: hari ni makan lauk apa Leik? He would happily answer: lauk rimau.Or lauk buaya.And we would laugh and mock him.But guess what? Anak syurga inilah yang menjaga ibubapanya yang dah tua.Somehow, his emotional intelligence is very high.He's very protective of his ailing mom and dad.

Every raya, we would drop by to say hello and catch up.Biasa every raya Leik would get rm10 or more from each of us.This raya, my hubby just handed an envelope.Kita tak sangka Leik would inspect immediately.He found dua ringgit in his raya envelope.He muttered aik? Dua ringgit sahaja? My kak ngah thought he would redho and accept it but she saw him get up and shouted at Nik (we were by the roadside, ready to go): woiii...dua ringgit je ke? Nasib masa tu takda orang lalu lalang..suara Leik tak perlu pakai hailer.Haha. My hubby pun kasilah his usual rate.

Malam tu Leik and family went to visit Mek at Kak De's.I had told them about the early incident.But somehow someone gave rm5 in duit seringgit.He thought the same nightmare and asked seringgit lagi ke? Sal said awak kena redho Leik..apa juga rezeki yg diberi orang.He said iyalah..seringgit tu dapatlah beli air satu tin.Sal said ada dua ringgit tu.Dua tin, said Leik.

He has OKU allowance and he would quietly spend it on helicopter control and car control.Bukan main2 hobi Leik ni.But wht else would he do? I think this raya we look up to Leik with more respect and wish him well.

I'm inviting my non-Muslim neighbours over for a simple raya lunch today.Z's friends came last night.Amir and gang.Amir will be based in Cambodia for 3 months.Alia and Hanna and Z plan to visit him nanti.Byk le duit budak2 ni nak travel sana sini.

at Nadiah's wedding post Raya

Konon-konon anak ramai

Malam raya, waiting for org surau datang takbir

Juadah raya di malam raya

Jiran/orang surau bertakbir (our plc was the first)

Macam zaman saya kecil, meriah malam raya with takbir

Serai/halia/lemon juice ternyata popular

Solat raya di surau

Potluck raya breakfast after solat

Dah macam kampong kami



No comments: