Saturday, November 19, 2016

Hujung minggu bersama para Professor

I'm here in Langkawi menggantikan Dato Wira for IIUM's Council of Professors. The meeting is held at a beautiful place by the beach (I'm practically on the water and it's such a joy to be surrounded by water)

Semalam media wanted to know pendapat para ilmuan ni tentang demo Bersih kuning dan merah ni. Big Boss mengajak semua wakil menyatakan pendirian menolak demo tu.Alamak..I was not warned that this would be done so I refused to join the group (I cannot speak on behalf of all Profs at IIUM..tak dapat mandat pun). Sometimes antara sebab why many Profs distance themselves from Majlis Professor Negara is this - bercakap mcm kita ahli politik.

However, there are really fantastic works done and I hope these will continue.Met some really awesome Profs (but looks like the good ones always get cold storaged or transferred or contracts not renewed). But benih baik campak ke laut jadi pulau, campak ke darat jadi gunung. Begitulah.And I'm glad I bump into them at this meeting.Truly inspiring.

Dato Hamdan (former FOMCA guy) is one funny guy.He was telling us about comments made by one of his friends asking if he takut isteri.He said tunggu..nanti kau jumpa isteri aku kau tau.And the friend saw her catching a huge biawak with her bare hands and according to the proud husband, she tangkap ular macam tu juga.Ular tedung tu she spray dgn Ridsect je sebelum she cut off its head dengan parang. Wough...I want to meet her! Prof Azni and I gelak macam nak rak but we were full of admiration of Datin. He must have loved her so much sebab dia cerita pasal dia in her absence with such pride.

Then there's Prof of Aqua-Culture.I like him sebab dia buat kerja nampak hasil sekelip mata.Impak tinggi not only to the uni he serves but the state he's in.Terasa jauh api dari panggang.I must share the stories with my IIUM friends.

We got our MyRA 5* alhamdulillah. And we got our 4 TRGS. Syukur alhamdulillah, everyone had worked hard. But I'm leaving RMC soonest my tenure ends.It's a stressful job.I need some breathing space from admin work.Research menimbun nak buat ni.











No comments: