Saturday, November 19, 2016

Literary event at Sin Sze Si Ya Temple

This was last week - tak sempat nak update but I want to document the visit to the second oldest Chinese temple in Malaysia. Sin Sze Si Ya Temple near Chinatown. Berpusing juga mencarinya but from Central Market, dekat je.

The event was organised by Goethe Institute on Literature and Spirituality.The temple was donated by Yap Ah Loy and the Board of Trustees is applying to get it listed as part of UNESCO World Heritage and one of the members said maybe I could help.I pun kasi nama Prof Ghulam who had the experience of getting Mak Yong listed as World Heritage.Temple tu memang cantik seni pembinaannya.Orang-orang dia pun baik.I was introduced to the Chairman (also Chair of Tung Shin Hospital).

The readings itself takda la spectacular sangat but I enjoyed listening to Guat's take on what spirituality meant for her.I think her journey is guided and she is a good listener to her inner voice.






No comments: