Friday, June 22, 2007

New York and New Yorkers


NYC from where we stayed


a bit blurry cos' it was taken from Lucky Star bus


Mamma Mia, a Broadway play we saw and enjoyed


we took a ride on the horse carriage at central park



Nik wanted the tall buildings in as well as him in the pic.We took many shots to arrive at this: we got all he wanted!


the family at Columbia University,NYC


harap2 nampak apa yang saya pegang tu..jangan marah tapi ia tas asli.

We can't really let go of this city, can we?

Saw Mamma Mia on Broadway semalam.Z and Nik suka.I liked the songs but ceritanya biasa2 sahaja.5 years already on Broadway.

We visited Columbia Uni, WTC site and had brunch at Riverside Park.
Met up with Susilo and had lunch with him at Haandi next to Hurry the Curry.When we sampai at Chinatown, ada polis Muslim baik tolong kita hailed a taxi (also a Muslim driver).Dia siap ajak pi ke rumah and offered nak bawak kita jalan2.Too kind. :)

The place we are staying in at Amsterdam Ave boleh tahan juga.

I notice that selain the kind Muslims I met on the street (who gave salam and offered help cos' they recognised me as a Muslim through my scarf and I met african american muslim who worked as cleaner at the subway station, Lebanese muslim taxi driver and Bangladeshi muslim policeman), others were not that hospitable (you think Muslims in London are sombong...try NYC!)

My best vote goes to Dr. Susilo.He's so kind and obliging.Semoga Allah berkati hidupnya sekeluarga.

Oh..as we were walking down Times Square, tiba2 ada lelaki who looked like he's French bagi salam (cos' he saw my tudung).Muka macam hero Hollywood film tapi rupa2nya he's a banker, originally from Venezuela.He speaks fluent Arabic and other languages and knows so much of world politics termasuk Malaysia's.Kami sepakat (Nik, Susilo and I) kata dia ini sepai CIA.Ha ha.

But we love NY.It doesn't sleep, like Paris.

2 comments:

ummahzy said...

Glad you had fun in my 2nd hometown (i'm from the suburbs but spent my adult life in NYC). I see you checked out my favourite park! (Central Park) Did you try any good halal restaurants?...

Faridah said...

NYC is also like my family's second home, Kadidi!Yup..we found a few 'halal food' spots (2 restaurants in Lexington Ave area)

Where else would you go other than Hurry the Curry?