Sunday, June 10, 2007

Night out




Since Manu, me and Sandra will be leaving for good soon, we decided to have our final nite out together this evening.We went to eat Thai food at Ithaca Commons (tak sedap langsung but the restaurant cantik) Lepas tu balik Maplewood, kita ajak Robyn lepak makan desserts.Best jugak borak pasal plant technology, genetically modified (GM) foods and bio safety.I tak tau apa2 pun pasai benda2 ni but according to Manu, kat India menjadi2 R&Dnya tapi regulations very tight.Kata Sandra kat UK langsung tak boleh although Europe is opening up.Yalah..kalau pandai2 nak tambah zat itu ini dgn meletakkan campuran plants lain..takut juga ada bahan yang akan merosakkan ekologi kita, kan? Katanya dah ada kes serangga mati sebab menyedut madu beracun dari tumbuhan 'baru' ini.Kalau binatang lain makan serangga ni kot la mati juga? I kalau pi pasaraya, beli je..tak tengok2 ada label kata ni tomato asli ke tomato genetically modified, etc.Padahnya diri sendiri kalau tak kisah pasal labelling of GM foods.

Nak tau lebih check ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_food
Perlunya labelling ==> http://www.thecampaign.org/

5 comments:

Ridwan said...

Prof Faridah I hope your experience has been great. I have enjoyed looking at the pictures you posted.

I am on the West Coast (Portland) as I write. I miss the weather of South Africa and a whole lot of other stuff.

OK, so I will holla when you are back in KL.

Be well and travel safe sista.

Salaams,
Ridwan

Faridah said...

Hey young man!Nice to hear from you.

Yup..am almost done here..feeling a bit sad to leave friends I have made here but home is home: with my family.

How long have you got in Portland? Catch up with you soon, brother.

Ridwan said...

Salaams sista Faridah:

I will be in Portland for a couple weeks and then on to Mexico.

I will most likely be teaching in the US before returning to SA in 2008.

But, we will catch up later.

So travel safely and keep us posted here.

May Allah keep you safe as you travel home.

Salaams,
Ridwan

eda said...

kak faridah

sangat2 tertawan dng citer3 u and i fell so proud of u..bene italian said..that mean good...i'm back at dell..

Faridah said...

Hi Eda,

Terima kasih kerana menziarahi blog saya.Jika blog ini dapat berkongsi pengalaman saya yang tidak sepertinya dan membantu memberi sedikit gambaran dunia di luar sana, saya gembira.Komen2 anda juga membantu menyerikan blog saya.