Thursday, July 10, 2008

Greetings from London

At Satay House in Paddington with my sis in law and her son (they were in town on a 3-week holiday)

Leicester Square where we watched Mamma Mia, the movie

Maria with her orchids

Maria's better half, Pete, at their allotment

I like this concept of bumi hijau. Each household tends to their own kebun sayur, rented out from the city council at a very low fee

Playing Queen at the Windsor Castle.
(pengapit beta orang putih)



It was quite a bumpy flight esp. over Bengal Bay.But in general it was a good flight on MAS.Met a couple from Australia (the hubby was Scottish).

Shanta and Pete picked me up from Heathrow.It rained a bit.Nice couple and nice place and nice English garden! I'll post a pic in a bit.

We didn't waste much time...went to West End to catch Chicago but tickets were sold out so we went to catch Mamma Mia the movie, also at West End.Meryl Streep could sing (she was in theatre before she got into movies) but Pierce Brosnan...gawd..it's hilarious.Imagine James Bond singing ABBA songs! Kelakar gila.But the movie is definitely better than the play.

OK folks, jangan marah.We are going to Windsor Castle..to shop (books!) and do the castle thingy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are having a ball Faridah, and the weather's been kind to you, so far?

Take care!

H

Faridah said...

I can't find the cd you aksed.I tried looking at Windsor.Sorry.The whole trip is very rushed actually.When I return, I have to go on a retreat in Melaka pulak.Sigh.

Unknown said...

Aaahhh..tak pe Faridah,Kalau you terjumpa that would have been great. The only option I have now is to find it kat amazon dot com, tapi it would be terribly pricey.
Enjoy the few hours you have left in England.

That Melaka retreat should be a welcome sojourn , I should think, eh?
Talk ta ya real soon!
H