Monday, September 15, 2008

I see red

A friend sms-ed to share her disgust over the ISA arrests. I had not been reading newspapers or watching TV news for a long time so the ISA news was news to me. I felt nothing.I had lost that feeling for a longggggggggg time now.No anger.No joy.Lumpuh perasaan ku.This is not a country for anyone anymore but ironically, I plod along.I continue to hope and plan for better things. What choice do we have? We cannot say we quit! Politicians are so fond of doing that.I quit! when things go wrong.Apa ke jadah.

Lantak kau oranglah. ACSD's progs berjalan lancar, alhamdullilah. Our iftar with the kids dah melepasi sasaran kita (we aimed for 100 participants but we have passed that targetted mark today.Syukur).But Malaysians are still pretty slow in opening up to other people of different cultures (esp. of the same faith) Pelik juga when offers to host foreign students were turned down dengan alasan iftar (or raya) is meant for family je.Luckily we still have some good samaritans who signed up (most of them had lived abroad and would have understood what Ramadan/Raya meant, living berkelana). A friend's friend (a CEO of a large corporation) who organises student exchange prog. has voiced similar grievance.That it is hard to get Malaysians to host students from abroad.Entah apa pasal. I thought yang paling generous hal2 begini are orang Melayu.Nampaknya sasaran meleset.

But I am so proud of those who participated in our iftar and raya progs.They are very interesting people, with many experiences and very pleasant personalities and I think we become friends as we get to know one another.

Semoga Allah lipat-gandakan rezeki mereka.

No comments: