Saturday, February 07, 2009

13th Biennial Symposium on Asia-Pacific Literatures and Cultures

It's intellectual party time again, folks! When we hosted an Asia-Pac Indigenous Plays Festival some 4-5 years ago, we had so much fun and cultural a-go-go.

The English Language and Literature Dept at IIUM is honoured (once again) to host the 13th biennial symposium on Asia-Pac Literatures and Cultures where only choice speakers speak.

Pls register early (because it's cheaper to do so and also because seats are limited)
More info here http://asiatic.iiu.edu.my/asiapac2009/index.htm
Not meant for academics only.Sapa-sapa berminat (dan berduit) boleh datang.Daftar awal.

8 comments:

jooli said...

Wow, you've got a bunch of people with oomph there. Bravo. Pandai your committee cari.

Faridah said...

Thanks.Tak mau datang ke? Jarang dapat kumpul the best of Asia-Pac brains under one roof.Jomlah!(bukan senang nak jumpa/listen to Ben Anderson)

Humaira Bt. Raslie said...

Salaam. Dr Faridah, Humaira here.

I hope u dont mind posting your blog entry as part of my email and circulate it to my colleagues here in UNIMAS:)

Faridah said...

Salam Humaira, oh pls do what you like with the info.We want people to know and come and enjoy the wisdom of all these great scholars/writers.Kita belajar from them how to be great! Mula2 kita dengar.Register early for the early birds yah? Space limited.Fax je dulu your registration so that we can reserve seats.Bayar ikut deadline.Thanks for your support.

Nazhatulshima N said...

Salaam Dr Faridah,
thank you for informing me.Looks so interesting and would love to join! I just wonder when is the deadline for early bird. I will only know if I will be around in Malaysia for this event in April.

Faridah said...

OK take your time.If you go to the website, click registration and fees.The last date for early birds is there (before April 1)

Pls spread the word esp to young scholars/researchers.The older scholars (who come as far as Canada/NZ) will inspire you guys.You may find a supervisor in one!

Nazhatulshima N said...

I went to the website. Previously,I wasn't able to open it to get further info. Tq.

About finding the supervisor, perhaps for my 2nd Phd. Need to complete my on-going Phd first!

Faridah said...

Shima: where do you do your PhD? Australia? Patut lama tak nampak.Can you open the web now?We have 7 students coming from Virginia to join us.I hope Msian postgards will be equally motivated too.