Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Al Fatehah

Plans to shop on my day off today have to be called off (my wali passed away and we have to travel back to Raub to attend the funeral)

Wa Salleh was related to my dad and like family members on my dad's side, dia tak cakap banyak.Very pleasant man.His children are all doing very well (in bidang agama and dunia).Halim is the eldest and most impressive of all the siblings.He's the one who took care of the dad esp when he went paralysed after a stroke.Sampai his dad could move and pray on his own again.Over a period of 4 years, you know.The parents live with him.At the funeral,Halim took care of everything: from mandi jenazah to solat jenazah to I guess the burial (we didn't go cos' had to pick up Z from school at 2 pm).

If there's a living proof of anak yang soleh, Halim is one.His other siblings pun semua macam tu.

Wa Salleh died dalam keadaan berpuasa and dalam keadaan berwuduk (it was just minutes before berbuka) He made it a habit to be in wuduk at least an hour before masuk waktu sembahyang.Can you imagine berbuka dengan bidadari? (we pray this is so).I only got close to him and his family(like a visit once a year every Raya) after he became my wali for my marriage.We are closer to my mom's side.

At the funeral I saw more relatives I had not known existed.Quite exciting to see some connections to my dad.I miss my dad and his relatives pun pleasant like him.He died when I was 18 (lepas SPM results keluar.Tapi bukanlah mati mengejut cos' of my SPM results.He knew I did well so at least that's a comfort).

Balik from Raub, I terpaksa memasak.The new maid tak tau masak.Sigh.
The remaining days of this week will be very busy.I have to deliver anak2 angkat to my friends and relatives.Lepas tu the boys coming over eid eve (8 orang) I bought some paint to keep them busy.Some will cook for iftar (well, they gotta do something or else be bored, kan?I pun sibuk nak buat peanut sauce and nasi impit.The Afghan boys plan to cook nasi mutton for iftar.12 org semuanya plus me and my family)

I expect malam raya tu they will follow Nik to do the takbir Raya.Breakfast and lunch will be at my mom's in law.Then shoot back to Raub.I haven't figured out how to keep them occupied (am taking 4 back with me.Nak bawak all 8 tak muat kereta).

No comments: