Friday, September 18, 2009

First batch ke Kedah

I got up very early to go to work cos' the bus to Pendang was said to leave at 7.30 am.When I arrived, not even its shadow was seen.The kids were all set to go with their backpacks on their backs.So exciting! I felt like hopping on the bus myself when the bus finally came at 8 am (the drivers said they were given 8 am as the departure time)

Some boys just came unregistered, hoping there would be cancellations of some registered participants.Gals who promised to turn up, did not so instead of 12 gals,only 9 turned up (3 wanted to withdraw but got the tongue-lash from me last nite so they turned up this morning). Boys who came with such hopeful looks got to go making the number rise from 8 to 17.How can one turn them away? Kesian.I rang Puan Hatiah and En Azmi (the organisers in Pendang) and updated them the dev.They seemed not to mind.Dah rezeki budak2yang tak registered tu.Kita nak buat macamana.

I also worry over their road safety but one of the kids baca doa selamat perjalanan and he's put in charge to do this on the way back too.Let's pray that they have a good Raya and help strengthen ukhwah with local people.Pendang will be so cosmopolitan! En Azmi is a special branch police officer (anak saudara my co-partner in Pendang) so I guess the kids will be OK.The government usually sends PTD trainees here for homestay.Shireen kata seronok giler.It was her connection la ni.Thanks Shireen!

Second trip will be this afternoon (I have to deliver one anak angkat who will leave for Melaka besok pagi).Deliver kat rumah I je (Gayah lives near my place)

Besok ada 3 stops, 3 families (out of 34 families.Last year we had 5 families only.I guess good words got around.Some families do their own pick-ups).Memang terasa macam agency anak angkat pulak.My partner Norasita dah bercuti today.Semalam so kalut.We were still making adjustments and changes to the last minute.Budak2 pulled out, kena cari ganti...so stressful! Last year's was better organised (but then the demand was not as great as this year's and also, we started early)

Hoboy,it is a huge responsibility.

2 comments:

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Hehehe.. I dok gelak bila baca you 'running' anak angkat 'agency'.I arrived home safely yesterday evening.Nasib baik cilok ikut DUKE to escape the traffic in Ampang.

Now, at home with most of my siblings (except one who lives nearby yet it can be quite 'far').depa tengah kupas bawang, halia for the rendang and me,ngadap Facebook!Hehe..I tolong jugak tadi sebenarnya.

My only complaint so far,was the food at Pasar Ramadan in small town like Jerantut and Kuala Lipis. The quality has gone so low.Camna nak promote our town for food-tourism kan? I kalau tau ada good food in certain place, I don't mind going all the way to find it.Now, even people in Jerantut, going few miles further to Jerantut Feri (Pedah) to get better food dishes.And people from Kuala Lipis, dah ramai pegi pasar Ramadan di Padang Tengku to get ori ones.

Nak promote Jerantut for its food pun dah malas dah.I am thinking of moving out to Taiping because of this.Hehehe..kena cari orang Taipinglah nampaknya!

Faridah said...

Memang penat buat kerja ni Dr Bubbles.Nak jaga budak2 yang dah besar2.Bukan depa nak ikut kata kita! Yang I tak tahan, kita dah finalised list sapa pi mana and depa pun dah setuju nak ikut, tiba2time nak send (like a day before or an hour before), depa pulled out.Haiyoo..tak tau mana nak taruk muka dgn foster families ni.I nak habag kat my big boss next year, division lain la pulak buat.I can help carikan foster homes.

Why Taiping?
Sapa-sapa nak baca kisah raya kami, pi visit blog anak I at http://www.victoriousgal.blogspot.com/

I had a very bad stomach ache last night and so takda mood nak mengadap computer lagi. :))

We went to Kuala Medang (about an hour from Raub).Kat sini ada best homestay in Msia.Recently it was featured in National Geographic.I pun tak tau tempat ni.Baru jumpa.Best! We went on a boat ride.Lepas tu went to a cleaner/less deep river to mandi.Budak Mozambique tu a swimmer but he swims in the sea cos' his rivers byk buaya.Budak Tajikistan tu tak mau balik, you.Dia suka tinggal di hutan.Hahaha.Budak Yemen and Palestine tu memang tu la first time jumpa sungai.Penakut nak mampus tapi akhirnya terjun dan mandi juga.