Friday, January 15, 2010

Breaking even and some profits!

OK folks, I finally broke even in the sales of my 1st book of poetry (published in 2006) and today is the day.Ada lebihan profit sikit (around RM200 plus). Thanks to Hidayah who bought 50 copies to teach the book in her English class (and presenting a paper in Osaka on the book).Ni mesti berkat doa anak-anak yatim semalam.Alhamdulillah and I pray that Hidayah will do well in her life. :))

Once the rest of the books (tinggal 200 buah lagi) are sold out, boleh kita start a new book project (I want to write a novel on the Rawas).

**sold 60 copies more.Syukur! Sokat: Rawa tu satu jenis clan of Minangkabau (macam group Mandailing, etc).Rawa makan orang.Hahaha, acah

7 comments:

Sokat said...

Alhamdulillah ... gue mau jadi penulis jugak ... more of a screenwriter ...

btw wat is Rawas?

Anonymous Devil said...

dat's gud news. kongratulasi!

ye. sy pn begitu. mahu jd penulis juge. tp i prefer writing academic books or newspaper articles. but as usual, my English maseh tidak hebat spt George Orwell, so kene byk kan usehe jela. hrp2 ble umur sy dh mcm doc, i hv at least one famous book on my name. huhu.

Sokat said...

oh btw Lan George Orwell tles novels ...

1984, Animal Farm ... aritu wrong info...

Anonymous Devil said...

eh x jugak. die tulis bnd lain gk. bnd2 academic. articles. dat's why he's my inspiration. not only he can write novels, he can also write other stuff.

Humaira Bt. Raslie said...

Dr F,
nk contribute poems boleh? hehehe

Faridah said...

For everyone who commented on becoming a writer, my advice is JUST WRITE! Tak yah tunggu umur yang sesuai ke..tunggu ilham tiba ke..tunggu publisher cari ke..just find ways to publish your work.ASIATIC (Dell's journal) accepts submission.Cuba lah hantar.And bersepah tempat lain (online) yang accepts submission.Semalam I met a healer (I have many stories on healers) yang bela ikan yang pelik2.Satu tu a gold fish dgn mata terjojol (like cacat) and another with tumour (outside fish head..)I'm beginning to think all healers ada gila masing2.Worth writing about.Belum lagi yang suka raba2!

zenmoonstar said...

Hi Faridah, Is your book in English too? What is the title? I'm also a Farida here at Bawa's Fellowship. Are you on Facebook? Here is my fb url:
http://www.facebook.com/farida.parker
Have a beautiful day! salaams & anbu! :)