Friday, January 15, 2010

Yayasan Anak-Anak Yatim Wardatul Jannah

Alhamdulillah we had the opportunity to meet up, dine and pray with 14 orphans from Yayasan Anak-anak Yatim Wardatul Jannah last night (after my medical check up at Sime Medical Centre and picking up my mom at HUKM.I took the day off.Hectic indeed.Had to call off my GERAK meeting at Rumah University.Memang tak sempat!)

I am proud of the initiatives done by concerned Muslims in the neighbourhood who founded and ran the orphanage.The kids are all below 13 years old (all boys).Kebanyakan mati bapak and mothers are too poor to care for them and are concerned with their free mingling with other kids in poor areas in Lembah Klang.Takut jadi mat pit and mat rempit so taking the 14 orphans is also saving 14 young boys from being penagih dadah, rempit boys, a nuisance to society at large etc cos' at the Yayasan, they are given better diet, more disciplined lifestyle, tuition teachers to help them with their schoolwork, ustaz who comes daily to teach them how to pray, mengaji Quran, etc.I think the founders of the Yayasan memang geniuses (they are also very rich, self-made Malay enterpreneurs.One lady volunteer ada rumah harga 1 juta..she didn't tell me but I know her neighbourhood.Memang harga rumah around that).There's hope yet in this country.I hope you will support such a project when you see one.

It costs RM600 a month to run such an orphanage.If you wanna give pls email y.wardatuljannah at gmail.com (ask for Haji Talib ~ who gave up playing golf, for the orphanage)

2 comments:

talibyatim said...

Assalamualaikum,
Thank you for your time and concern.The world need more people like you. God bless you and your family.
Hj. Talib
Pemegang Amanah yayasan anak yatim wardatul jannah.

Faridah said...

Haji: nasib tak mengata! haha.I hope things are running OK now at Wardatul.Dah lama tak ziarah the kids!