Monday, January 11, 2010

Haffy Birdday to me

Yup, 47 alright!


Z and I had some fun singing silly bday songs (some we heard on local radio stations).There's one that went:

Haffy birdday to you..haffy birdday to you, haffy haffy haffy birdday to you, haffy birdday to you.

We had a pre-birdday dinner last nite at Tony Roma's (Lina's recommendation then Nik confirmed yah yah he went with En Hizwani and memang sedap ribs served there) So I ordered ribs (which I shared with him...bukan nak cut cost but nak cut fat..if I share, I don't have to eat all 4s, kan?)

I cadang nak throw a party for poor kids depan rumah (flats kat rumah I) but we were so busy running around on Sunday..tak sempat nak organise.I dropped by an orphanage near my home (housed at a bungalow lot, you) and spoke to the caretakers (one Dato' yang berserban).InsyaAllah we'll have a small kenduri malam Jumaat nanti.There are 14 orphans housed at the Yayasan.But I also want to get in touch with the flat kids.Tengah tunggu Haji Ali pass me a contact no.Someone called Johari.I heard a story of a lady who lives on zakat money (RM450; RM200 goes to pay sewa flat, tinggal RM250 for kids and her and a sick husband, a mualap Cina.Yo...very da bad.How to live like that?)

My mom is now with Ummi (cucu) cos' she'll have preps for her dialysis this week.Ummi and hubby are docs so they said let the granny stay with them so they can observe masa baru2 buat dialysis ni.Betul juga,I won't be able to handle the medical needs.

We'll miss her.But I can drop by after work since Ummi lives near my uni.

12 comments:

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Haffy Birdday to you. Semoga terus dimurahkan rezeki dan dikurniakan sihat tubuh badan dan hidup yang bahagia. Amin! Amin!

Faridah said...

Thk you.No clowns tahun ni.Mak I masuk emergency tadi.Dia patut buat dialysis tapi tiba2 bp low and she's very weak.Baru semalam she left my home.Masa dgn I nampak segar sikit.Sigh.

Lady of Leisure said...

Haffy Birdday Dr..
saya doakan semoga sentiasa dimurahkan rezeki, diberikan kesihatan yang berpanjangan, dan sentiasa diberkati Allah swt...
semoga ibu Dr cepat sembuh... sama2 kita doakan insyaAllah..

kalau tak silap birthday siti nurhaliza pun 11 january.. mine 21 january... :)

Faridah said...

Lady: oooh...you pun Jan baby?join the club! Masih kambing gurun kan? (capricorn)

Ha'ah..Siti Nurhaliza tu satu birdday dgn I.I tiru dia le sambut birdday kat orphanages...hahaha..Datuk K I is 'Datuk' Nik I.Tapi 'Datuk' Nik tak tau lagi rancangan malam Jumaat I ni..tak sempat beritau.Nanti malam I bagi notis je.Hahaha.Actually I spoke to him on the ph but he was in a rush tak sempat bual panjang.

Lady of Leisure said...

Hehe... Mana la tau kot2 masin mulut dapat Datuk alhamdulillah.. best juga kan sambut birdday bersama mereka, boleh berkongsi kegembiraan..

i jan baby tapi dah masuk aquarius.. my mom 18 jan masih capricorn.. :)

dill said...

Selamat Hari Lahir, Dr. F. Moga Dr. F dan keluarga sentiasa dirahmati Allah s.w.t. Insyaallah.

Faridah said...

dill: thks atas ucapan dan doa.

Last nite I listened to this audio book.consultant ni cakap we have to write down our goals in life.I have heard this so many times tapi tak buat pun.Tahun ni I nak buat.Write down all my goals and objectives in life.

Kalau panjang umur next year kita mungkin dah tak ber-blog kot? (sibuk kira duit atau sibuk buat kerja amal.Hahaha).Jom kita TULIS goals kita.

jooli said...

Ha be day. (pronounced 'hair' 'ber' 'day') My little bro; when he was little; used to say to us on our birthdays. 47! I'll be the same age very soon.
Been busy (tak habih habih kisah busy). Have a good kenduri with the yayasan and flat kids. I hope your mum will get better.

jooli said...

I'd just read your last entry. My parents are stii well and living in Kuantan, but I've been playing with the thoughts of what ifs: what if one of them falls ill? what if one of them goes first, and so on. And I'm preparing myself for them to be over at my place. When the time comes, I know I'll pray for patience too.
Itulah hak mak/bapak ke atas anak.

Faridah said...

Jooli: another Jan baby.Happy Birthday in advance!

If we pray for patience, we'll get patience.If we pray for love, we get love.It's amazing how easy it is to get what we want! Allah is all Merciful and MAHA KAYA.

Insyaallah, qada and qadar kita dah ditetapkan.Your parents will be taken care of di saat2 mereka memerlukan.Yang penting we are aware of tanggungjawab kita as anak, hamba Allah.

Kalau kita dah 47, bayangkanlah berapa umur mak bapak kita.Kalau kita dah mcm2 sakit, bayangkan mak bapak kita.

Just see the opportunity to serve our parents as Allah's mercy on us.Bukan SEMUA orang dapat berkhidmat dengan/membalas jasa mak bapak.

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Saya pun Jan baby! Dah lepas dah, 7 Jan.Hehehe..

Faridah said...

Dr Bubbles: laa..ramainya Jan baby! Happy birthday to you too.Semoga pintu rezeki tak berpintu and rezeki masuk zap!zap! Dan bertambah iman dan sihat utk beramal.