Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tiger roared

Yesterday was my family's turn to wait at the emergency ward on my mom.Her bp was touching 200.I feared stroke.Bawak dia pi private clinic yang 24 hours.The doc advised kita bawak ke hospital (after giving her Adalat).We took her to Sg Buloh Hospital sebab yang paling dekat.Nasib Nik was cooperative.I bawak Z sekali (despite her protest but I had spine prob.Sapa pulak nak pegang my mom nanti?) Bless my gal.She's a good child.May Alah give her all As in her SPM. :))

Lama nunggu at the emergency.I had to nego with the counter guys suruh bagi my mom masuk dulu as she looked so doped.We thot dia dah kena stroke, staring into the air tak bercakap2, her body shivering.The staff at the hospital memang very friendly.Tak pernah jumpa hospital this friendly and kind.

We didn't go back till almost 2 am (dari pukul 10 pm!) We tried sleeping in the car at the carpark.Takut pulak kena rompak.Nik bawak BMW dia.Then we decided to balik rumah dulu.While on the high way, the ward rang to say my mom was ready to be discharged.Pusing balik.I must tabik my hubby and my gal for being so sabar.

I masuk kerja lambat sikit.Penat satu macam.I had to be on painkiller.Dah sms si Bob pasal spine I sakit balik.At the same time I made an appointment with a new chiropractor (sementara nunggu Alicia balik cuti from India).Kali ni benggali.Aida yang kata bagus.

And petang got interbiu some more.Nasib the panelists were not nasty to me.Kata orang kalau kita buat baik dgn ibubapa, Allah bayar cash.Mudah2an.

Balik from interbiu, I spent all afternoon writing my Spore paper.Tak siap2 juga.50% siap.Nanti kena prune lagi.Just throw in thoughts dulu.Prune kemudian.

I told you kalau kita buat baik dgn ibubapa, Allah bayar cash.Around 4 pm I terima panggilan saying nanti I dijemput jadi judge to one prestigious international writing competition.Yippee, syukur! This will allow me to get free literary books and chance to listen to readings.

4 comments:

Asma' Umm Hudzaifah said...

salam Dr faridah..im Asma' ur x student :) hope your mum will get well soon... plus have you tried acupuncture for your backpain? my dad tried it, before going ahead with surgery and it helped.take care!

Faridah said...

Salam Asma', thanks for dropping by.Yes, I do acupuncture as well (it helps but apparently not enough but I still go twice a week)

I'm trying all sorts (soon yoga positions).I think it is very common for us to develop backpain these days.

dill said...

Semoga kesihatan ibu Dr. Faridah baik senantiasa.

Dr. Faridah pun, perlu banyak rehat juga :)

Faridah said...

dill, thanks.I'm slowing down things (dah byk kata No to so many invitations)but sometimes we don't choose events.Events choose us.How do we say No to orphans, our own parent, our own students etc.Bila ckp pasal tak cukup rehat/tak cukup tidur, pernah satu ustaz kata, "Rasulullah tak pernah rehat or tidur banyak."

Susah, kan? :))
But you are right..kalau sampai collapse, nak jihad macamana kan? Strategi mesti betul.Thks for the reminder.I am saying more Nos now than before.