Monday, March 29, 2010

Danial's Engagement

Another nephew got engaged over the weekends.I drove back to Raub with my Mom and her bibik.Nik got work.Z pun got work (cheh..I seemed to be the only one fit to be a driver this weekend).

Anyway, I wanted to give my mom a breather.This will be her first trip back to her home since December last year.Nasib the house was kept clean by Shahrul (the garden just got mowned.The toilets were clean).We also missed melepak2 tengah rumah (very windy cos' my mom's house is up a hill, facing the Banjaran Gunung Tahan.Very nice view indeed).

My mom's mengaji friends heard of her being home so even late in the evening, her friends were still flooding in (of cos' lotsa tears and drama as they kissed and hugged).My mom was in her element.Nampak ceria sangat.I text-ed my siblings asking if I could just leave her here and go home alone.Wakaka.My 2nd sis text-ed back saying I sounded like Malim Kundang, anak derhaka. :))

The following day was Danial's Bertunang Day.It's been a long time since I witnessed a merisik session.I tell ya, you need a pre-nup lawyer to handle the merisik session! It sounded very materialistic..how much was right..what happened if any of the two betrayed the engagement agreement...what happened kalau tak bayar penuh..etc etc...I thought the whole thing was so offensive..I would not want to start my life together with my loved one on this basis.Should not all the details be decided before the event?The event should be kept simple and sweet.But apparently the jurucakap on both sides enjoyed the negotiating...one has to have a degree in PR to do this sort of thing.I wonder if you've ever heard of the rombongan walking out of the negotiation?

Luckily ours went OK.In April the first niece (in many years) pulak will have her engagement ceremony.Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend cos' Z has her SPM award-giving ceremony (at her former school). I just sent a feedback over IIUM's criteria (they do not recognise A-s but would rather award someone with min. 7A+s and I guess it's OK if with that result, to have the next few subjects Bs and Cs) JPA punya minimum requirement for s/ship is 9A-s.TNB 8A-s.Can we respect all the As, pls? :))

No comments: