Friday, April 16, 2010

Changing cultural landscape

We heard the Advisor to King Abdullah of Saudi speak yesterday of reformation taking place in the Kingdom.Very interesting indeed.Isn't Tun Mahathir an Advisor to the King as well? So when Dr Rahman spoke of knowledge-based society, I thought hell, this sounds familiar.

But it's nice that Saudi is opening up to so many things.They should lead or at least be seen to lead the ummah.Otherwise, gimme da monehhhh.

I raised the issue of high divorce rate in the country (and other rich Gulf countries).Dr Rahman said don't you believe what the media says.Hmmm.But media tu media depa juga (part of the reasons is couples marry young then discover they could not cope.Ini bukan impact of globalisation/modernisation/reformation.Ini tradition!)

Anyway, he said I was insightful when I raised my concern over family institution ((rapuh sekarang..even in Msia..kes2 buang bayi nih..semua sebab people have lost respect for the sanctity of marriage) and the need to create a balance dalam kita terkejar2 mengejar globalisation kaa, reformation kaa, modernisation kaa.

I think Bahrain has an Institute that looks at Family Institution.Ni I ingat many years ago dah ada...CEOnya orang putih.Can you beat that? Orang putih nak ngajar orang Islam bagaimana nak berkeluarga atau menjaga institusi keluarga. Malu betul.Konon kita ni khalifah.

No comments: