Friday, April 02, 2010

HUKM again

Some days ago I was the one who helped my mom check out of HUKM after her fistula surgery and besoknya dialysis.As always, you'd see how disconnected staff are at HUKM.I think it's just loss of passion to work their best.Can you imagine the young docs duduk bersibai atas counter (tempat nurse and doc menulis2 at the ward).It looks so unprofessional.These kids ingat depa kat sekolah menengah lagi ke? Duduk bersibai kat tepi jalan.

Anyway, in another scene I waited so long for the doc to sign my mom's discharge letter so mcm biasa, I sought permission to send her home dulu.Nurse kata not after the doc had seen her.Fair.So I waited.Meanwhile my mom komplen tangan fistula dia bengkak.Doc came and said he'd call the pakar.I went down to pray in surau level 1.When I came back my mom said pakar had come and he said can balik.Told the nurse pagi besok we'd collect doc's letter memandangkan it was getting late and doc tak da nak issue surat.My mom was getting restless and tired.

So I balik.

Then my mom's kaki and tangan got worse (bengkak).My 2nd sister yang garang tu pi call HUKM...war in mind.We went through the event and came to this conclusion: I may be in the wrong sebab jarum yang patutnya nurse/doc tanggal was still in my mom's arm! (but the doc and nurse saw..no one told me anything! And nurse knew I was going home.No one accused me of breaching any law)

Anyway, after work besok harinya, Sal and I went back to HUKM.Went to the emergency.Waited hours! Had it not been for this doctor called Ayub, I swear I'd collapse with fatigue, anger, hunger.The minute we walked into Dr Ayub's room, he was so cheerful, jovial, all those feelings I mentioned above hilang.It is this Dr Ayub also yang selalu ring up to ask how she is, etc.If only all docs have that kinda humour/PR, yang sakit akan cepat sembuh, yang marah akan tenang! We laughed so much when Dr Ayub kata antara pantang larang org sakit buahpinggang ialah jangan meminum beer.Wakaka! Mak aku tu dah 77, minum pun tak leh banyak...inikan beer.My mom said itu haram..bukan minuman kita.But she laughed too.

I think I'll email Prof Lokman, HUKM Director and give him some feedbacks.Emergency Room tu kotor, toilets hancing (I nak ambik air semayang nak semayang kat surau situ pun tak jadi..luckily I found my way to Level 2 of the Admin Building...wakaka..Jaga takda masa tu)
But I will mention Dr Ayub to Prof Lokman too.He should be an inspiration to others in health service.

No comments: