Tuesday, June 01, 2010

First day at work

June 1, 2010.

First day at a new place.
Scary.Macam baru masuk sekolah.Here, I have to raise some RM500K a year.At the old office, my job was to spend money (and raise some).

But at least, I have my own car park and my own toilet/shower room. :)
But a lotttttttttt to be done and being in kull, tough job to get people to work WITH you.I really have to be creative in finding ways to generate income in a fun way.

I sent my mom to her dialysis centre today.Terasa kasihan yang amat.When I was young, it was her who dropped me off at school gate or my tuition centre.Now I do that to her.Dropping her off.Sedihlah.I helped pack her lunch...sedih sangat.

May Allah give me strength to go through the new challenges in my life.May God drop me a million ringgit and more from the sky.

4 comments:

Anonymous Devil said...

u landed a new job? u're no longer teaching then?

Faridah said...

Dakkk..new admin post at the Kull.I still teach 2 postgrad courses but undergrad dah lama tak ajar so there is a generation of undergrads who will go not know me and me them.Ahhh...sad2 life.I think kalau umur panjang, habis je my stint at this new place, I will go back to teaching fulltime.Nothing gives you joy like hearing the success of your anak didik.One just got accepted to do a degree at Oxford Uni (budak Turkiye)Our first went to Cambridge some 3 years ago.Ini tidak bermakna sapa yang tak pi Oxford or Cambridge tidak berjaya.Semua ada kelebihan masing2.I'm proud of you, Hazli yang mengajar di pendalaman Sabah and loving teaching.Ini contribution kita pada negara (yang tidak pernah berterima kasih kepada kita...muahahaha.Subsidi dah nak kena tarik...katanya nanti guru2 dah tak boleh pergi berkursus lagi sebab kos)Kami kat uni pun dah disekat pergi berconference sewenang2nya.Mari kita jadi katak di bawah tempurung beramai2 agar aspirasi negara nak jadi negara maju tercapai dengan lebih cepat!

m i s s e r r a said...

congratulations! and have fun too!

Faridah said...

Misserra, thank you for dropping by.I read about your two kids.Bagusnya breastfeeding! It's not as easy as most people think kan? I found it soooo difficult when Z was a baby.Pakai pam pun macam dapat seinci je pendapatannya.In the end, we gave her formula.Now dah takda brand tu.Snow.It made your child fat.Dapat pulak maid yang double every one scoop.3 jadi 6.Z was 70kg when she was 12.Now she's a lotttt less.Dah conscious of her appearance.

A word of caution: don't feed your kids fast foods/junks: McD, KFC, pizzas..semua tu patut diharamkan.

I take care of fish now.Koi and guppies.My husband spoke of the talk he attended recently on the empty nest syndrome.I'll get notes from him later.Here's one link for women/men in their late 40s http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/empty-nest-syndrome-faq.htm