Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Getting in touch with your femininity

After years of study on feminist ideals and ideas, it sounds bizarre that I shoud be organising a workshop on flower arrangement.So anti-intellectual, so feminine. So female.

I wish NOT to be apologetic about it.
Women like me have been short-changed in life.We do not know how to cook, sew, wear nice make-up, do up our hair, arrange flowers etc.Success means being equal with men.

Pah..I'm done with all these, folks.I wanna be a woman now.And still think like a man. :)
My early responses from some of my female academic friends were, "don't like cooking, sewing or arranging flowers."

Some said it with a sense of pride.Some with disgust (at the thought of being associated with homemakers)
There were a couple who jumped at the idea and shared my sentiment.That we had lost out to the rat race in a man's world.

I'm glad I'm not alone. :)

I look forward to the workshop.Join me if you can.July 9, 2010 jam 12.30 to 1.30 pm. RM130 per head.Materials are provided.

4 comments:

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Did I owe you anything tak?Dok busy lately lupa dah.Jangan owed duit sudahlah.Hehehe!

By the way, yesterday I jadi pak supir fetching my trustee from UK di KLIA around afternoon. Rasa-rasa macam nampak Pak Nik at the arrival.

Anyway, nak bagitau jugak, I am doing fundraising to buy books and sturdy rack for Wardatul Jannah near your house.

A friend is raising funds by going to cycle circling Lake Geneva (180km gitu kot).

And another friend who just came back for summer holiday from Texas is selling authentic handbags from USA for the same cause.(I am not so feminine so tak ada lah tau sangat pasal handbags Coach,etc).

Interesting enough she's orang Raub.You can check the bags etc di tasglobal.blogspot.com.

Faridah said...

Dr Bubbles: Rasanya you don't owe me anything.Hutang tak pernah berbayar sebab tak pernah berhutang dgn I.Hahaha.

Sapa nama gal tu? I pernah email one gal tanya pasal Hermes handbags.Sampai ni tak balas.Of cos' masa I tanya tu I juga tanya pasal replicas.Gamaknya tak kuasa dia nak layan I.Tanya bag mahal tapi nak beli replica.She does not sell replicas.I jumpa kedai seconds kat Sri Hartamas.Lepas kita tengok, kita terus pi Pavillion beli yang original punya.Beza harga tak jauh!Yang seconds ampak dah kuning2.Idak le teman..entah2 tangan yang pegang tu ada HIN1!

Do you have in your planning, work on sustainable development (maknanya orphanages ni can generate their own income without being too dependent on charities?I'm game if you have any.The work I see in a project by Singaporean students is so inspiring.Depa ajar budak2 Krash Pad tu buat ceramic products which they can sell online).Anyway, I have books to give away.Nanti I cari.You nak jual kat orang lain kan?

Lady of Leisure said...

Salam Dr...
kebetulan sungguh.. i baru jer publish flower arrangement yang i buat in my blog, tapi idak le pandai i main taram saja.. hehe..workshop tu kedengarannya sangat menarik...
buat di mana? ikebana semua ada ke Dr?
:-)

Faridah said...

Lady: venue kat Human Sciences Building, 3rd level at CERDAS lobby.Kita ajar satu bunga je (for dining table: practical..boleh buat daily and for raya)

Comelah.Ajak kawan2.