Saturday, September 11, 2010

Raya drama

the only raya pic left (yang lain my niece, Tasniem, dah deleted.
She's 4 years old).This with my in laws


OK this year, the raya drama award goes to me and my mom.

Thursday mak I found that my family and I would not balik Raub to spend raya there.Dia naik angin.The rendang, satay goreng, baju raya I gave, semua dia tak mau (walhal before she found out, sikit punya excited nak bawak balik.Nasi impit pun dah packed siap2).The reason why we decided we'd stay put in KL was because she balik Raub Thursday ptg after her dialysis.Raya belah malam (besoknya on Friday) she has to travel back to KL for Saturday dialysis.We didn't want to tire ourselves running up and down Karak highway (balik ari) cos' Nik would want to spend raya in KL with his mom too.Nak travel Thursday evening too early for us...paip air nak kena ganti, pump kolam rosak..everything nak buat Thursday tu.Habis kalau balik Friday? Kena rush juga nak raya with Nik's family kan? It's her first raya without my father in law.

So...high drama.
I was very hurt but Nik said let my mom cool first.Nanti balik dari holiday, we'd see her and raya and minta maaf.

Friday my sis was supposed to drive her to KL.I knew they would not stop at my place.Saturday tu she had her dialysis (the centre is near my place).I thought I should drop by and salam raya.But my mom can be very difficult bila dia merajuk.Nik kata biar dia cool off dulu.

I dah janji nak invite Swabri (from Kenya) and Ali (Central Africa) to lunch so I masak bryani and prepared salad and all.Chicken I bought at Rasa Mas (Ayam Kasturi dia sedap).Meanwhile Sal and I were text-ing about masalah semasa ni. She said go and see our mom at the Centre since my house was so close-by.We are flying off for our hols besok..she said tak baik if I didn't see her first.I thought so too.Tak nak la nanti kena telan dek bumi.We went to the Centre.They had just left.So we went to pick up Swabri at the LRT station.Ali takda.Dalam perjalanan, my sis kata kalau nak jumpa juga mom, go to Pizza Hut.So another chase.By now Swabri was with us.I pakat dgn Swabri..can you enter Pizza Hut tu dulu...sweet talk my mom (my mom suka dia) and get her mood right..then I'd come and salam her while she's still smiling at him.Swabri thought oh this is so funny but he agreed.Kita gelak2 juga sambil tu.Memang funny.Dramalah kata kan.

It worked (I owe Swabri my lifetime gratitude) Haha.So I kissed my mom's hand and said sorry.Although she was not terribly excited, she took my salam.

You think it's easy huh? Both of us (like mother, like daughter/s) are all strong-headed, ego maniacs.But I knew my place...

During my 2 days plus ordeal (Thursday and Friday and part of Sat) I had online and sms support from friends and students (they didn't know I was upset but their kindness and love cheered me up) Francis esp. was a big comfort.He and his family are also going through a tough time.We kinda connect on this.He says I'm his spiritual teacher.I think it's the other way round.He has more patience and generosity than I have.

Anyway, nasi bryani I buat memang sedap (pastenya paste Brahim..tapi kalau tak betul ikut instructions..tak sedap juga kan?) My in laws and good neighbours (Tim and family) pun datang.Mini open house.

Need to pack now.Flight kita besok noon.Pray that it goes well.

2 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

We had small raya drama too. But i think drama2 gini lah will draw us closer to each other kan.
:)

Faridah said...

Lady: I think masa Rayalah byk betul family dramas..entah mengapa ya? Mungkin syaitan nak qada balik kerja mereka yang tergencat/terencat selama sebulan.Patutlah time raya je ada slogan, maaf zahir batin, hari lain takda (awal muharam patut kata maaf zahir batin sebab tahun baru kan?)

Kita kena buat kajian ni. :)