Friday, January 28, 2011

mencari daun mengkudu

Last night I slept better.Was it Darren's healing touch? (my physiotherapist who's very attentive and kind).Was it all the doas? But I slept longer hours and less pain last night.Syukurlah.

Nik came back with some Darul Shifa' solution: goreng lada hitam dengan garam kasar and alas dgn daun mengkudu and just tunku kat tempat yang sakit.

This morning I went looking for all these stuffs.Garam and lada hitam, no prob.Daun mengkudu? Yikes...how does it look like in the first place.I thought of a spot at IIUM.Rang Nora tanya itukah daun mengkudu.Dia pun tak sure.After making enquiries, she rang back and said, itu bukan daun mengkudu.Itu pucuk kaduk yang orang selalu buat nasi ulam. Kantoi!

So at the Achehnese shop, I asked around, "Do you know where I could get daun mengkudu?" The cashier pointed to a bush across the road.But there were so many trees and scrubs.Yang mana satu? People were so busy to stop and show me.

Then I went around and started picking what I thought was mengkudu.A lady who earlier heard that I was looking for mengkudu, stopped me and said, itu pokok bunga, puan..mengkudu pokok besar tu. Still, she was pointing at a distance and there were many pokok besar.

Finally tengok I so bodoh, she came down out of her car and showed me betul2 inilah mengkudu.Hahaha.I can't believe strangers can be so kind! May God bless her!

Bibik tunku..ayoo..like a spa sedapnya...more!more! but I had to go to work.Nanti malam sambung ~ after my farewell dinner with NZ High Commissioner at Langgak Golf.David and Gilian are beautiful people.Walaupun I sakit kaki, I must go sekejap and bid them farewell (they were supportive of our Asia-Pac conference 2 years ago by hosting one of our dinners).

No comments: