Sunday, January 23, 2011

Slipped disc and Tanjong Malim Pau

I am still in pain despite various alternative treatments for my slipped disc.Alhamdulillah I still have my mobility and still go to work.Do not like me signed up for ridiculous package in times of need (people would always take advantage of your pain).Remember I paid almost RM50K for my spine treatment 2 years ago? It worked for a while and now the guy wanted more money if I were to continue with him.I should go to the police.But my lesson is an expensive one.A lot of wasted energy and time as well.

So now I'm seeing this South African chiropractor at Mt Kiara.Before that, a Russia-trained neurologist who's free lancing.I gave up on him cos' the treatment was so painful (but it worked for my upper body..my frozen shoulders, stiff neck etc).

Everyone's screaming Avoid surgery! Avoid surgery!
But if the pain is so extreme and I go sleepless for so long, how? Can tahan kah?

So on Saturday, I agreed to go with Nik to visit Z and we took her out to eat Tanjong Malim pau.Ayohhh..so many people and the place is so badly managed.Service so slow, place so dirty...I told Nik kalau sedap macamana pun, kalau mcm ni, I would not come again.He agreed.But then came in the pau in all flavors and the King Prawn Mee...ayo yoo...manyak sedap! It was worth the long wait!

Malam tu, I twisted and turned again.In pain.Kalau ada sapa2 tau a painless therapy centre for slipped disc, pls O pls let me know.

6 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

Salam Dr, semoga semuanya dipermudahkan dan cepat2 sembuh, insyaAllah.

Anonymous Devil said...

about tanjung malim pau, i went there once. last year. and i think it's overated. hehe. pau ahmad is better.

would not surgery make u better? why avoid it?

Faridah said...

My two blg companions Lady and Xlanx: thanks for comments.

Xlanx: I think about surgery all the time but I had seen and spoken to an orthopedic who wanted to do not one but two surgeries on me.When asked if things go wrong, what would happen to me? Selamba dan tanpa rasa belas kesian, he said, you go paralysed.

Since I can still walk, drive, think...I think I'll try a few other options...mudah2an Allah pertemukan option yang betul.You guys take care of your backbone...kalau dah sakit, nak mati rasanya, tau? I think I sat too long over the years over my degrees and academic work.Inilah padahnya.Exercise, malas.

Anonymous Devil said...

hehe. am i ur blog companion now? thanx.

owh my. to go paralysed is not an option. now i too think u should find other way to cure it. wow. sampai mcm tu sekali ek. tibe2 rase bersemangat nk exercise. hehe.

semut merah said...

Salam sis,

Saya juga mengalami slipped disc..but just abt 3 months..but i felt very painful while walking..dah mc abt a month - looking for alternative treatments - some suggest urut is better tapi kelegaan tu sekejap je..then i got painful again n again..huhu pegi kerja juga tapi kurang semangat sbb sakit. Pain killer juga dah berpapan-papan di telan takut ada side effect yg lain pulak..aduhai..the affected area was in lumbar - L5 S1 rasa kebas kaki - knifelike sometimes dari pinggang sampai tapak kaki..would it be lama nak baik..? Doc suggested operations as well tapi refused to do since they guarantee 70% cured..it could rise other pain post operations.

Faridah said...

Semut Merah: avoid surgery.I have seen that it does not solve the problem long term.Unless it's a matter of life and death lah.Try acupuncture, physio.I find hydrotherapy helps so much.