Saturday, January 08, 2011

Old gals in the new block

Happy new year, everyone! I didn't stay up late to watch new year fireworks (Z did...she slept over at one of the rich apartments near KLCC and saw the bright future ~ a young teenager's perspective).

The new year started with so many unfinished/postponed businesses.DELL hosted the Foleys (from the US).Jack Foley is a well-known arts critic, poet and talk show host in San Francisco.His wife Adelle is also famous as a haiku poet.Their son Dr. Sean Foley is at ISTAC as a Fulbright scholar so when Sean offered his parents to read at the Dept, I jumped at the opportunity.And what fun it was.Jack is a genius (reads Latin, Greek, German and French).I just love listening to him.He's also very, very funny. We had Kerry (Sean's wife) in the afternoon to speak on issues surrounding women trafickking.A new world for our students.

Then Nik's mom got admitted into the hospital.Then my mom (at IJN).My spine's pain spread to my hip...I had to take leave to rest (but of cos' I had to run between 'serving' my mom and my mom in law).If this is a test from God, I'd do what my NLP friend tells me to do, "makin aku diuji, makin aku redho dan ikhlas Ya Allah." I have a new zikir, "Makin aku diuji, makin aku sayang kepadaMu dan Islam, Ya Allah" ~ just so you don't kufur with ujian! (reversed psychology).

Have you been to the new IJN block? Waaahhhh...macam hotel! Whoever designed it was a good soul.It's so people-friendly (the kind of place you don't mind being sick in).It's like being in a 5-star shopping mall! (OK I exaggerate a little but you do get that feeling).

But as I sms-ed Datin Z whose husband sits on IJN board...some nurses behave like they work in small district hospitals...tak padan dgn bangunan yang begitu indah dan canggih! HUKM nurses nampak better trained!

We are celebrating my bday early this year (cos' Z goes back to her college tomorrow).I'll tell you about this new place we have just discovered.

4 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

Salam Dr,
Kalau tak silap birthday Dr sama dengan siti nurhaliza kan heheh. 11 jan?
mine 21st jan. anyway, wish u and family happy new year. moga spine's pain cepat sembuh, moga Allah berikan kesihatan yang baik, dimurahkan rezeki dan dirahmati Allah selalu.

Faridah said...

Lady: hahaha..betul!betul!sama dgn Siti.Glamour gitu.You pun Capricorn ke? Happy bday...bila nak publish buku masak tu? They would make wonderful gifts to girlfriends.Pls do it soon.Senang I nak try.Kalau nak printers, I can give a list.You just tell them what you want.Lepas tu suruh hubby bayar but I think boleh buat profit.

Lady of Leisure said...

hehe.. 21 jan dah masuk aquarius.. my mom 18 jan still capricorn..

banyak lagi nak kena belajar memasak, ni baru nak cuba2 memasak.. kalau dah bebetul cekap nanti, insyaAllah.. :)

Faridah said...

Your blog entries dah cukup baik for publication.Just do it! (i nak masak and hias mcm you!) Keep the entries as they are (cos' they are unique).Kalau nak suruh I tolong edit, kita buat sama2.Do it this year.Benda baik jangan tangguh.Don't worry abt book distribution.I have friends...