Thursday, January 26, 2012

Time out in Melaka

We were all dying to take a break from work and studies (Z) and it was a long weekend.

Let's get out of KL, said Nik.
Let's just lepak at Putrajaya's Pullman, I said.

No, he wanted out.
And we had reasons to visit Pakcik and Makcik (Datin not well, she said on the phone).Datin is like my foster mom.Yup..foster mom.I lived with her for about 3 months during my teaching practicum at Sharifah Rodziah.She didn't have to cook meals for me and 2 friends (living in another house near hers but she did) and we became close although time and distance got between us (I went to the UK then Australia in later years)But Makcik and Pakcik (or Datin and Dato') would try and visit me either in KL or my mom's place in Raub.Such nice people.

You don't forget nice people like that esp in their old age.

Yup, not in a good shape.Had she been well, I know she'd cook us special meals.So we bought her ikan bakar instead and some cheesecake (duh!)

Melaka is so progressive now.It brings back so many fond memories (of my times during APIPF with delegates from Thailand, Cambodia, US,Costa Rica..) Naik beca kena tipu mcm biasa (RM40 from Equitorial to the Fort.Jalan kaki 10 mins je.We walked back cos' RM80 can take us to Spore.Haha)

An evening with anak and menantu makcik was nice at Serkam Ikan Bakar.Again fond memories..gosh...I love this place.

Z, Nik and I having fun at Jonkers St.Depa ni makan cendol durian selamba je.The ice so soft kata Z.

Balik time we makan ikan masak asam pedas at Kedai Haji Senin yang dikatakan begitu femes dgn org2 penting negara.Haji Senin dah lama pergi and his kids yang take over.Mmg sedap, mak oii.

Balik jam terok.We have decided not to leave town again on any long weekend unless it's flying to an island, pre booked.

But it was still a break.I didn't use my brain at all. :))

3 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
asam pedas akan selalu menjadi kegemaranku!

Faridah said...

Mawar: cuba perturunkan resipinya di sini. :)

Mawar said...

Kak F,
ada resepinya di blog saya. rahsia masakan orang Melaka - Makcik Timah Baba (balu Dr Othman Puteh).

Rujuk entri Januari 29, 2009 mawarshafei.blogspot.com