Monday, June 10, 2013

Greetings from Hong Kong!

 Page at the opening with the Dean and Otto

Dessert at Hong Seng Restaurant

Gambar ni gambar first day conference.At lunch at the uni
with Carlotta
Otto (standing) and Dennis at the opening of the conference

I got up at 4 am semalam to catch my 9 am flight (taxi came at almost 6 am).Only to be told plane rosak..mula2 we were told no fuel.Plane kena balik ke bay isi minyak.Then after duduk dlm plane dekat sejam, disuruh turun.We were given lunch vouchers.Ate at DOME yang ramai org stranded.We were the last few to board the plane.Lantak kaorang...(but the MAS guy told us takpa..makan la slow2, they'd wait for us).

Rupa2nya small screw kena ganti.I takut cos' we would be flying on the same plane.Biasa they would tukar the plane.My friend said MAS is in crisis.Hutang byk, kapalterbang buruk.Hanya Allah yang menyelamatkan. Alhamdulillah we arrived safely at almost Maghrib time (sempat Asr though).

Only to find out while I was packing for two trips ..I packed only blouses on my HK trip! (gamaknya masa I packed my slacks/pants tu I ingat I masuk suitcase HK).It was already 8.30 pm and the hotel was not close to any mall except the Macau ferry mall (ala2 Puduraya gitu but very few clothes shops) Yang ada sama ada sold pants for tiny people or too expensive.

On the way back, we saw little shops yang jual baju.We walked back from the hotel after the cab driver dropped us (cab drivers here are very honest-lah!).I found a beautiful long skirt and a stretchable pants (muda bebenor le nanti pakai macam ni...what to do)

Definitely poems are coming out from these experiences..MAS planes, wrongly packed suitcases (tajuknya dah ada "looking for the other body")

Nik pun tak kurang ceritanya di Manchester....he missed the train connection sebab dah sampai malam in Manchester.Nak tidur kat hotel, semua dah penuh.In the end, he had to take the cab from Manchester to Sheffield.Nasib tak mahal. 65 pounds je (well..don't start converting-lah).

Satu travel ni yang seronok, banyak cerita. :)

Note: We kat atas tu means Carlotta (my friend from Arizona who had been staying with me for almost a week), me and.Mazni, my supervisee (my co-presenter).


2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
semoga dilindungi dan selamat semuanya!

Faridah said...

Mawar: Terima kasih.Kawan saya beritahu dia pergi ke Seoul baru2 ni terkandas 14 jam ...naik MAS juga.Apo ko kononyo kapalterbang nasional kita ni?