Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 2 IWFF@IIUM

Hiccups...one venue was locked up..techies at tempat kebakaran at IRK Building..could not be located.Sigh.

But we got another venue downstairs..techies berkejar ke tempat kejadian..found us a portable screen.After getting the judges settled down, I rushed to catch Faisal Hamdi and his friends (Farahin one of them).I vowed NOT to cry...emotional persuasion does not work...I'm a practical person...but I cried in the end and parted with a few ringgit for the Syrian cause...memang jahat betul regim Syria sekarang.The bit that caught me was him not dipilih Allah to syahid ...belum layak..him not picked for death cos' Allah wants him to carry a bigger mission.I think that and that bit in which a young soldier (Z's age) rebelled against the dajal Prez cos' he was asked to kill demonstrators ke hapa. He refused..he was arrested and tortured till death.

Ptg tu Riaz came.I thought he was not coming.Bawak gang la pulak.A lawyer filmmaker.Nama mcm orang putih but Muslim.He introduced the documentary from US and we had a drink soon after.We clicked sebab semuanya IIUM grads! So here's the plan...dot dot  dot ..for next year..(I thought I said I wanna move on? Told ya!) :))


IYSFC Award Night

KJ came as advised - wearing smart casual.Only we were not! He said looks like I'm the only one who's underdressed here.:D But he carried himself so well. Betul mcm Obama. Z likes him so much.I used to tease her about it but looks like dgn mak2 dia dah masuk KJ's fan club now.

KJ ni beradab bdknya.I saw how he salam Prof Kamal and didn't call Rector Dato Seri Halimah.He worked on his p's and q's.The way he said my name...ada ideram di 'h' at 'dah'.Wough...Arabnya bagusss.Haha.When I posted my pic with him on my fb, never before I got so many likes so fast.Org dok like his photo.Not me. :D

The speech he rewrote better (but of cos'!) He did his homework well.Said all the right things...women's empowerment, youth power.Rumi.You'd want a Prime Minister who's so KJ.Muntah le Rafizi if he reads this. ;)

Will post pics when I get some.
 For Z :)

 Part of the team (over 100 of them)

 the important people behind IYSC
(Hafsham and Tan Sri Kamal Hassan.Rector can't be seen in the pic)

His speech was a dynamite

No comments: