Saturday, October 26, 2013

Seremban 2013

We arrived almost midnite in Seremban

Masjid Negeri from my hotel room

 A welcoming dance called Bongai

I spoke infront of almost 450 people: penulis Persatuan Penulis Negeri Sembilan,
teacher trainees at Melewar, lecturers, etc
 Prof Muhammad Haji Salleh, sasterawan negara.
Also an old and dear friend.

Flowers for the ladies

Exotic dish
Like this: mahal macam bedil

Our host: Hajjah Mahaya Yassin

I was invited to discuss books by Nisah Haron (travelogue) and Mahaya Yassin (memoir) at Institute Perguruan Raja Melewar (a teaching institute older than UPSI, I was told and now waiting for the approval to convert it or upgrade it to university status)

The other discussant was National Laureate Prof Emeritus Muhammad Haji Salleh.We had fun cos' there were many questions.I stayed at the Royal Bintang.Nik drove me over and had to miss his investment power meeting at Putrajaya.We had planned to stay over at Marriott while he attend the conference meeting.Nasib I tak kena marah sbb the event at Melewar habis lewat. :)

Then we had lunch at this exotic place yang jual makanan kampong etc which included porcupine meat, daging rusa, ikan and daging salai etc.I had a bit of this and that..my assessment : worth RM27. nope...the bill was RM67! Terkejut den.Then saw the price label daging landak sekali makan RM18, rusa RM 12.Hadoi...they should all be protected animals, kan? Tobat!

2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
mahal bona!makan landak di restoran makanan laut?

Faridah said...

Iyo...macam tak percayo.