Sunday, January 19, 2014

Another family get together
















My cousin on my paternal side held a wedding reception for her daughter in Kuantan on Saturday.Dah lama tak jumpa Makcik Limah (who is from Tganu but is my aunty via her marriage to my dad's step brother, Pakcik Ahmad who passed away about two years ago.The funny thing is Pakcik Ahmad and Nik's uncle Ayah Mat were good friends and they met at our wedding in 1987)

Zul, my eldest cousin tak dtg cos' cucu dia kena virus but met Izan and of cos' Kak Edah, ibu pengantin.Both anak and menantu dia studied medicine in Russia but they met in Hospital Selayang.Makcik Limah said Haqim studied in Ireland but I saw the video clip..he was born in Massachusetts but studied Medicine in Russia..but different city from Farah.Kak Edah ni very simple and zuhud orgnya.So her anak2 pun mcm tu (all very clever, though).Haqim said he fell for Farah after seeing her cheap watch and thought how charming her simplicity was.Sweet, kan?

After the reception, we went to visit my youngest sister, now residing in Pekan.But we all slept at a homestay cos' initially ramai nak dtg but in the end, only me and Kak Ngah attended the wedding! Yg lain mcm2 hal..last min...anak sakitlah, inilah itulah but we sempat buat tahlil after lunch at my sister's - my two nieces and families, me, kak ngah and eishah's family.Best juga.

Petang tu we went to Kuala Pahang.A group of people were fishing and caught this huge sembilang laut.Umpannya udang.

Malam tu we ate seafood.A nice family get together.I wish the rest were there.
On Sunday we visited The Sultan Abu Bakar Museum.A well kept treasure indeed! World class collections and displays.Saya suka sangat. A must visit if you are in Pekan. Then we went to see the istana area.It's a nice township.I selalu imagine it's a ghost town and boring.The river could be put to more touristic use...a creative waterfront gitu.

We arrived in record time, alhamdulillah.Sempat dined out sotong kangkung and kuay teow goreng. :)

No comments: