Thursday, January 23, 2014

Two certs for BoD

I enjoyed the three days' training session for board of directors.I got two certs now and I'm happy to say that I am now able to read statements of financial positions (formerly known as balanced sheets). They have changed terminologies....lama2 kita akan jadi illiterate! That is why it is so impt to keep learning new things.

I loved the sessions on corporate sustainability, internal control and risk management.Ingat ni Triple Bottom Line: People, Planet, Profit...semua mesti ada value and impact on the people, econ and environment.But I posed the question which the speaker didn't address: sustainability ain't cheap and you need a strong R&D Dept.Bkn dtg from thin air mah.Example digunakan ..tukang jual kuay teow yg boosted his kuay teow sales by doing a kung fu dance while memasak and tau pau using environment friendly materials (not plastic bags)  : brown paper and daun pisang.Ek eleh...gerai biz lain dari Double A biz katakan (they farm trees to make quality papers and that also creates employment to paddy planters who help plant the trees on their paddy fields in between seasons..kan lain scale of biz tu.Yg satu hanya perlu gelek2 ..yg satu perlu high tech and R&D)

But still, new knowledge for me.I loike.:)

No comments: