Monday, July 13, 2015

Best time to visit

We went back to Raub and my kampong (some 14 miles away from Raub) to visit my parents' graves.Kata ustaz, the best time to visit pusara adalah di dalam bulan Ramadan atau hariraya kedua sebab hariraya pertama adalah untuk bersukaria kerana kita semua berjaya melawan hawa nafsu (jadi tidak semua yg boleh beraya sebenarnya jika syarat wajib ialah berjaya melawan hawa nafsu).

I had bought the plants a day earlier.Long was away in KL so we slept over at Kak De's.My mom's home tinggal kosong begitu sahaja.It belongs to Eishah now but she lives in Pekan.Kami sepakat to take care of it so when raya, those who live outside Raub will have a place to stay.Selalu kita tidur hotel/rest house je but most hotel2 kat Raub ni takda tingkap! My mom's plc ada a huge lawn...lots of fresh air.

We planted plants and Japanese roses on 7 plots.7 kubur.Nak pengsan rasanya! Let's hope the plants will last until at least raya pertama.

I had a nice time rebonding with my 3rd sister and her cute grandchildren.Umaira yg sepuluh kali sekejap pressuring me to ceritalah lagi, made a nice companion.I said come live with me, I will tell you stories every hour..sebelum pi sekolah, balik sekolah, nak tidur, bangun tidur.She looked at me and asked, "Pandai masak ke?"

Bertuah punya budak! (She's 6)

3 comments:

FJ said...

Ur cucu sedara so kelakar hihihi

OMG I love Raub! Used to stay with a keluarga angkat in Sega
Org baik2, makanan semua sedap-sedap masya Allah!

Semoga kita semua pulun 10 days terakhir ni, semoga ibadah ramadhan kali ini lebih baik daripada yg sebelumnya, aminnn!

FJ said...

Prof, minta komen sikit pasal ISTAC pls? =p

Faridah said...

FJ: sorry baru nmpk your comments here.The little ones in my family (both sides) mmg kelakar...tak puas dengar celoteh the young minds.They are so spontaneous! Raub is among the three places in Msia which has the highest index for being happy.You experienced why...kami ni org simple...tiada istilah tragedi in the Raub Malay psyche...jovial lot (if you recall how easy they laugh and how friendly).

ISTAC : a sad thing indeed but in a world where generating big income is necessary to sustain your existence, ISTAC has to be more vigorous and innovative to survive.I wish we had put more effort to help it grow better but I guess we were pressed by not only financial constraints but also no. of students enrolled and great gurus are also scarce.

Tapi cerita sebenarnya hanya Allah yang tahu! :)