Sunday, September 06, 2015

Friendship weekends

Looks like everyone decided to fly to KL on the same weekend! Friday was packed with grant and product assessments then after Jumaat, I had to cover my Dean and met new staff on their TIDE week (mcm minggu orientationlah).Mostly came frm Engineering, hard sciences and medic sch.I had to brief them about RMC and IIUM research culture.Very participative audience who responded well when I invited them to speak and share their research experience, challenges and expectations.

Then rushed to Mandarin O to meet up with Becky..only to find out tht she's not at Mandarin O but Mandarin Court.I malas nak redah jam.Her schedule was also tight after 8 pm. Besoknya wedding anak Mi who is now working in Iraq.Habis lewat (jam) so had to rush to Westin to dine with Chin Ee and we would go to the readings after tht.Then Kimball pulak texted tanya bila free nak tea ke hapa ke.I takda masa dah..new semester dah buka Monday ni..so I ajak sekali join our Westin dinner sekali harung.Dia bwk gf dia sekali so makan busat.:D The service at Westin was oh! so slow.Ada dua je waiters, one plays another role as a cashier..punyalah lama to sort one bill! Chin Ee and I were so impressed by most of the performance poets at the readings..Indonesia was top..Swee Tin frm Msia pun bagus incorporating alat2 music lama yg nice to listen to as he performed his piece.

Pastu we took Becky to a nearby warong to chat up.Very brief but nice catching up so soon with my ASEAN buddies. Sunday evening pi concert Kimball-Kaiying, Sabeera-Ramli.Nice music.Suka the soprano singer frm Msia.The dance theatre pun interesting but we had to leave early cos' guess who started to snore? Nasib org tak ramai at the Balcony section. :D I pun mmg nak balik cos' besok nak kerja.

I hope it will be a quiet 14 weeks.

2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
ya, mudah-mudahan sibuknya berhenti sekejap...

Faridah said...

Mawar: mudah-mudahan. Perlu ada senyap untuk berfikir secara kreatif semula.