Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New York! New York!



















Cristiana and I made a crazy plan: we'd take the bus to New York (5 hours from Ithaca) over the long weekend. Thanks to her friend (also a Fulbrighter but based in NYC), Dr Susilo, we had a nice time in NY.There were times our gracious guide,Dr. Susilo, had to play the referee when Cris and I disagreed over where to visit first! Ha ha.Aku nak ke Harlem, dia nak ke Battery Park/Ellis Island.But in the end we did both (although not the full Harlem.I'd do it when Nik is here, InsyaAllah)and we both tak kuasa nak naik ferry to Ellis Island.I had been anyway.Cris was happy with just lazying around at Battery Park.We had lunch there and er...shopping. :)

Anyway, NY sidewalks and Central Park stink of urine!I have figured out why.There are no public toilets (like in Paris)Even one of the hotels we went to locked its toilets!!! I will write to Clinton on this (Hillary Clinton)and the city mayor, Bloomberg.I don't remember it being so bad 7 years ago when my family and I were here.

We visited the site of WTC (very sad!)

We went to Chinatown and Battery Park to cheer up again.

And of cos' the Broadway play we went to at 50% discount (tapi queued almost 45 mins).We saw Pirate Queen at the Hilton Theatre.Best gila! It's about rebellious women in the 16th century England/Ireland.Woman to woman war, politics and peaceful negotiations.Syok betul.It was a musical.

Nanti I nak tengok Jersey Boys dgn Nik and Z(pasal Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons)

2 comments:

Faridah said...

Pejabat mayor NYC balas my email.Tapi tak kata apa mereka akan buat sebagai penyelesaian cuma berkata mereka berharap ini tanggungjawab bersama.Hah! Facilities takda (takda tandas awam macam kat Paris), nak t/jawab bersama apa? So I sent another reply sambil menamakan tempat2 awam lain yang berbau hancing.

Faridah said...

Jadi memang betul NYC ada masalah public toilets.Cuba lihat website ini http://americanrestroom.org/us/nyc/index.htm