Thursday, June 19, 2008

When you geram



For my international readers, 'geram' is a Malay word we use when we are annoyed or pissed off.

What do you do when you 'geram'?

I got geram yesterday. I went to a car workshop to fix a new car lamp.The car guy asked if I wanted an imitation one or an original one.I asked for price difference.He said one was RM30, the other RM80.Okaaayyy..gimme the expensive one.

It was a 15 mins wait.I went to have my rojak mee just around the corner and ordered some mee mamak for my mom in law who was not feeling well (I was supposed to visit her on my way back).

Lama juga I kat mamak stall tu.

When I returned to the car workshop, my man said it's all done.But picking the habit of my husband (who's in Kuching till Friday), I checked and found out it's not Borsch as printed on my bill. *&^%$#!! but I was so cool and calm. I panggil balik Cina tu and tanya apa hat? Ini lampu bukan Borsch.Saya bayar Borsch price.He said sama saja..ini original, label lain.I must have looked stupid or what?

I said nyet, change it to Borsch.Saya nak Borsch! Saya nak Borsch! (but still cool and calm and collected here.Maybe masih ada senyum)

So I waited while the other guy get my Borsch from the Mines (jauhnya! I live in PJ).I was lucky I was reading an interesting book.Tak sangka sampai waktu Maghrib.Close to one hour, waiting!

The demon had to come out!
Business was as usual for my Chinese guy.There was not even a look of remorse or guilt on his face for his attempted fraud/cheating act on me.

The demon REALLY came out.

I made a scene. I demanded my money back.Dia pled for another 10 mins. Like I believe him? Mines tu jauh! I had wasted enough time.I said nyet.My money back, and my old lamp. Masa I tengah berleter2 tengah public tu (there were people.There were clients and I hope they marked every word I said, underline on the word cheat..this shop is no ordinary shop..it has 3 big branches in Lembah Klang), kawan2 dia pasang alat peng-grill kuat2 so my words were lost.No one could hear me...hahaha..I felt funny juga masa tu but sebab geram....

I got my money back and this shop is blacklisted.I will tell my friends and family members.

I drove away to another shop and got my car lamp fixed within minutes at a lesser price.

Tak geram ke? Berniaga kalau tak tipu, tak boleh hidup ke?

2 comments:

Small Talk said...

Sungai Pahang airnya deras,
Sudahlah deras berliku-liku,
Orang Pahang hatinya keras,
Walaupun keras mudah kena tipu!

Sesuai kot?

Faridah said...

I cannot jawab sebab tak reti
but orang Pahang satu I perhati,
nampak je keras tapi mudah simpati.
Tanah tergadai, hiduplah sebatang diri.

Anyway, the guy was caught red-handed, what.And I got my money back. :)

Are you Rawa?