Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hilang

Musim orang hilang ni, it's nice to hilang for a while -- without the net, phone, television except I could not do without the last two items. Heh heh.

The family had planned to fly to Bangkok but we ended up in Alor Star, visiting an ailing aunty.
It was not too bad cos' we made a few stops: Kuala Kangsar to meet Saniah, Jitra to visit Nura and her family (met her talented kids.Jalil scuba dives at 15, speaks non-stop on everything.I think he's a genius.Won some gold award while living in UAE.Fatehah did wonderful origamis for Z and I).

Mak Yang in AS has so many cats (I'm not a cat lover, though) and Nik didn't want to upset her by sleeping at a hotel we'd booked so akhirnya, kita semua melepak with her for 2 days.Bonding la kiranya. It has been a while, really.

I like Alor Star.It's a lazy town.Good for retired people.Makan pun murah.
On our way back, kita dropped by Permatang Pauh.Bumped into Arif Shah tengah kempen.Hee hee. Orang tak ramai but it's a working day.Most people would be at work, I guess.I'll post some pics in a while.

If you talk to Arif's people, they will say it's 51-49 win in favour of him.Kalu cakap dgn org AI, they will say rubbbissshhhhh! Whatever it is folks, stay cool. Yang penting jangan main kotor.Whoever wins, he will be judged again in the next elections.So takut apa? Kalau main kotor, rakyat lagi menyampah.Yang I tak paham, apa pasal dok suruh AI bersumpah siang malam? As though yang suruh bersumpah tu clean sangat.Cuba hangpa semua bersumpah kami tak main politic money, kami tak songlap duit rakyat, kami tak kaki betina, kami tak kaki rasuah, kami tak cuba suap pengundi RM100 to RM200 setiap kali piliharanraya (kecil atau besar)etc etc. Tiba2 ramai sangat yang nak jadi hakim di luar mahkamah.That, I pelik.

Anyway, kita tinggalkan cerita politik tak berfaedah ni dulu. Let me continue with my family holiday story..lepas tu, Nik wanted to show Penang to Z.Z has never been to Penang so we went tanpa ada rancangan awal.Penang has become a lovely city compared to the last time I was there.Tak byk pulak mat motor.But I guess people were at work.Belum rush hours. Rang up Zairi (every time I'm up, he's down in KL!) for advice mana nak makan sedap (I don't like nasi kandar).Zairi told us of a little place off Jalan Transfer.Nasi Padang depan petrol station.We found it after going round and round.Wahlau! Memang bagusssss....bagus giler! I l-o-v-e Penang.It's so green, so breezy, so green (Air Itam area).Z says it's so happening also (byk new malls).In many parts, macam kat Spore.

Must make it a point to come holidaying here, proper.

7 comments:

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

I pun pelik with the strategy by BN.tak ada modal lain ka?

Anyway, I was on duty at MAHA and met some old folks from Permatang Pauh who were visiting our booth.

They gleefully they remarked,

"Sekarang satu dunia tau kat mana Permatang Pauh!" Hehehe....

Faridah said...

Yah..not a bad place this Permatang Pauh.I suka nengok sawah padinya.Kedah and Penang pesatlah.Tak macam kampong2 kita kat Pahang.They should bangunkan kampong2 so that people stay back and not berhijrah ke bandar2 tanpa pekerjaan yang boleh menguntungkan.We have so many lands to work on.Sayang, no proper planning.Dulu my friends and I pernah offer nak bantu tapi our service dipandang sepi (my friend was Prez of Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia.Mesti dia boleh buat macam-macam pembangunan, kan? Dia dah sedia kaya so apa nak ditakutkan, right?)

zubin said...

Looking at the news on Malaysia kat yahoo.com, there will be many mosques, suraus and sport centres in Penang, especially Seberang Prai. There will be a city in the future, may be boleh buat satu negeri sendiri. What do you think? Sheuld we go back to "Prince Welesly? tak tahu ejaan dia. Bunyi international sikit! In years to come we will look back at the Permatang Pauh By-Election

Faridah said...

Seberang Perai memanglah where most Melayu/Mamak kat Penang dah blah to live cos' Penang gets to be so expensive for them.I missed pulak debate on this last night.Katanya bagus sangat.I cannot judge cos' tak nengok (baru balik dari Penang)

Tak aci if the beautiful island of Penang entertains the rich and the famous je.

zubin said...

untuk updates tentang pemantauan kami di Permatang Pauh, sila lawati http://niei.wordpress.com. Sebarang pengumuman dari NIEI akan dibuat dilaman web rasmi kami di www.niei.org.my.

Jika anda ingin menyumbang sebarang maklumat berkenaan dengan pilihanraya ini, sila email ke niei@niei.org.my.

may we should think about moving to Penang. I was thinking about it before. Now, the Pengajian Tinggi people asked me to choose which uni yang I suka nak pegi. I might just let go MMU!

Faridah said...

But I cannot be an islander for life.Bosan juga dok stranded forever.No matter how beautiful.Pi sekejap2 OK ler.To live? Oh tidak!

I thot you are staying for a while at IIUM?

Did you read pasal saksi imam palsu at the sumpah ceremony? The link is here:

http://www.tranungkite.net/v7/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14750

zubin said...

YEAH YEAH I WILL STAY AT IIUM, STUDENTS ALSO ASKING ME TO STAY IN IIUM, SO NICE OF THEM. TOT I DONT FIT IN WITH TERRIBLE ENGLISH AND SO ON IN THE ENGLISH DEPARTMENT AND BEING A DANCEMAKER AND SON ON, BUT LET'S SEE!

OH LUPALAH, PENANG WAS PRINCE OF WALES ISLAND AND SEBERANG PERAI WAS PROVICE WELLESLEY!