Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy merdeka day!

Well done Malaysia! We survived Permatang Pauh by-election without any untoward incidents.Kalah menang adat bertanding.Bagi yang menang, JANGAN kecewakan harapan rakyat Permatang Pauh.Bagi yang kalah, cuba lagi. I was hoping AI will be sworn in today so that kita akan nampak pembangunan pesat di Permatang Pauh (he is said to be able to bring in so many investors from the Middle East and I thought..it should not matter what party brings in those investors, asalkan rakyat kampong yang mendapat habuannya.I hope they will look after health care, education, environment, clean water issues.Kita tak perlu bangunan pencakar langit to achieve basic human rights ni.Kita tengoklah AI boleh bawak perubahan2 ini atau tidak tapi apa pasal he's denied his right to be sworn in now? Najib kata democracy is alive.Can we see it to the finishing line? The finishing line is rakyat Permatang Pauh want AI in parliament)

Yang kelakar so many who are not from Permatang Pauh turut menyibuk.A relative of mine (not living in Pulau Pinang) sampai takut nak tengok TV to find the results.She sms-ed me and told me to pls text her the results.I pun malas nak follow the news (my daughter and I were watching some romance movie on TV and only after it's done we switched on to AWANI). My mom lagi best, dia masuk tidur early and before sleeping she said, "Kalau Allah nak naikkan/menjatuhkan seseorang tu, takda kuasa boleh menghalangnya".Pagi ni she asked selamba, "So who won?" I said selamba juga, "Anwar." She said, "I told you! Kalau Allah nak naikkan seseorang itu, takda kuasa boleh menghalangnya."

My relative yang tak duduk kat Permatang Pauh said she now nak sedekah pisang kat masjid.Hahaha...harga kemenangan AI hanyalah seikat pisang. I find this so funny.

My family is big and we all 'simpati kedai kopi' to different parties (kecuali DAP).My mom has been a die-hard UMNO supporter tapi bila kita tekan2 if she has berpaling tadah, she will say my undi is rahsia. But I suspect dia kesian kat Dato' Seri Dr.Azizah and anak2 (having to raise me and my 2 younger sisters after my father died when I was 18) when she showed her support for AI.I think she could relate to DS Dr.Azizah.

Anyway, happy merdeka folks! Kibarkan jalur gemilang!

10 comments:

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

same here dr. faridah, my mom standard reply: " Undi rahsia"

eleh kami tau dia undi siapa...hehehe

eh by the way sebelum lupa,

selamat menyambut ramadhan al-mubarak.

syima said...

happy merdeka and selamat berpuasa Dr! =)

Faridah said...

drbubbles: deme generasi lama.Very setia, one.My mom selalu kata had it not been for UMNO, sapa nak hantar belajar overseas (although she sponsored one of my younger sisters abroad, at one point.Gamaknya habis le wang simpanan dia)

My take is:it's not free.I give my service back to the people at a very low pay (when I could have made a lot more outside had it not been for the bond and I'm free to work where I like)

Nasib I like my job.Kalau tak, memang slavery for life!
Selamat berpuasa to you too.

Syima: puasa kat mana tahun ni? Selamat beribadah.I can't wait!

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Yes, I totally agree with you.It's not free.Even though I studied something that I never like during my univ.days and lead a career based on whatI have studied, I give back in my own way.

I believe it is our sacred duty to be the changemakers (in our own special way) in the society and that's how we return whatever we owed to our beloved country.

MERDEKA!
Merdeka!

Faridah said...

Dan hari ni budget day.I hope it's people-friendly.I dah tak larat nak bayar tol siang malam.Dah lah minyak mahal.

Kat Pakistan, kat Iran..kalau
musim2 perayaan especially new year ke, raya ke, depa pelepas je kereta, tau? Tol free.Kalu Raya depa buat gitu, syok eh? Tapi our Chinese/Indian/Xtian friends will want toll free juga on their special days.But apa salahnya, kan?

Unknown said...

Faridah!! Sent you an e-mail but it got returned. Just wanted to say, Happy Merdeka Day and Selamat Menyamnbut Ramadhan.

Take care now!

Hashimah

Ti Lian Ker said...

MERDEKA, MERDEKA, MERDEKA

Merdeka, Merdeka, Merdeka
Kita ujud satu bangsa,
kita iktiraf satu bahasa
Tapi m'gapa aku tetap Cina,
M'gapa aku kerap di belasah,
M'gapa jiwaku harus gelisah
M'gapa aku seakan di dera,
M'gapa aku rasa di pisah
Bukankah ini aku punya......
NEGARA?

Merdeka, Merdeka, Merdeka
Nanti bila aku dewasa,
Aku mau rasa megah dan bangga,
Aku mahu jadi pemimpin negara,
Aku mahu hidupkan bangsa.......
MALAYSIA!

Lambang merdeka dua ekor harimau,
Kita mahu negara MENGAUM,
Tapi ramai lagi tak mahu tau.......
Kita tetap terjerat dengan KAUM

Lima puluh tahun,
di ambang merdeka,
Tapi aku tetap Cina!

Sama-samalah kita isikan hasrat merdeka,
Marilah kita mendaulatkan bangsa,
Atas rasa cinta kita pada negara,
Kita megahkan bangsa,
harumkan nama
.......MALAYSIA!

Disini aku dilahiri......
Disini akan ku mati nanti,
Bumi yang ku pijak,
Tidak akan ku berganjak!

akomodasi Assimilasi Revolusi
ataupun Evolusi,
Aku langsung tidak peduli,
Janji kita hidup dalam harmoni,
Demi mu Malaysia!
Akan ku mati berdiri......

Jangan lagi kita di pisahkan bahasa,
Jangan lagi kita di pisahkan budaya,
Jangan lagi kita di pisahkan agama,
Bebaskanlah diri dari jerat minda,
Kita sama-sama saudara sebangsa?
Kita sama-sama tegakkan ......
RUKUN NEGARA
MALAYSIA!
MERDEKA, MERDEKA, MERDEKA

Faridah said...

Shimah: email bounced? hmm...this happens too often.How to go big even with broadband, yah?

Dato Ti: a nice and patriotic poem.If you remain Chinese, we will also remain Malay but we should not be apologetic about being refered by our race (many a time, I hear my non-Malay friends referring to em as 'my Malay friend' when they talk to a third party.Sometimes I wonder why they don't refer to my name je instead of addressing me as their Malay friend). Tapi it's a small matter to me.Apa yang kita tak mau ialah penindasan kaum based on race/religion, etc.

zubin said...

I missed Merdeka Day in KL, just got back from Myanmar, singgah di Bangkok to meet up with old friends for chat and coffee.

Faridah said...

I pun missed merdeka.TV pun tak tengok (we had to run here and there baiki lampu rosak, paip bocor,did a bit of gardening, etc).Lepas tu pergi massage badan kat kedai Siam at One Utama.Phuiyooo..best giler.

Selangor was low key on merdeka celebration this year.MB kata nak save budget but I wonder if they were actually showing their protest over the poor state we are in now.I hope not.Merdeka tetap merdeka.There are other ways to show protests, kan?