Friday, August 15, 2008

Jeff Ooi on Arif Shah

I first got to know Jeff when we were together in the USJ-Subang Jaya e-comm (this when I was still living in USJ). I was in awe of the man.Not only would he do his homework well in any plight he worked on, his Malay was also perfect (in one event we organised with Majlis Perbandaran Subang Jaya dengan yang *Dipertua who I was also in awe of..sapa ke namanya...he's a big man in Penang after he left Selangor.Tak tau la ada lagi kat Penang ke tak.If not...jumpa Jeff lagi.Hahaha, what a fate!Anyway, in that event with Yang DiPertua, Jeff recited a Malay poem which had this line "biarlah aku berkelana..." or something to that effect.Wahlau, impressive! His fav. kuih is tepung pelita which he'd look for, every Ramadan at our local Ramadan food bazaar.)

Anyway, his write-up on Arif Shah can be read here http://www.jeffooi.com/

* Nama Yang Dipertua itu ialah Dato' Ahmad Fuad Ismail (he got Datoship after I left USJ).Another worker.I liked him a lot! Dia dan Jeff Ooi setanding!

No comments: