Saturday, May 09, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Bday gal


with big momma


time out

bukan itik sula



We celebrate it every day (we try) but we went out to celebrate both Mom's Day and Z's 17th bday today -- after scouting for a place to go, all nite last nite.It's so funny what we found online.There was someone who asked where was good to celebrate bdays.Some smart guy said MacD (MacDonald's) is good.Another wrote, "Pizza Hut is not too bad either." Z and I nak pecah perut gelak! Then we found places with names like Fat Boy Restaurant.Yup, in KL.Fat gals go to Fat Boy.Sapa nak!

I have always loved KL Sentral Hilton so we googled for a restaurant.Z had been to one and I had been to another.We wanted something new so we decided the Senses might be a good choice (dalam gambar nampak mcm bagus je)

Kita pun buat reservation.Bagus.Sophisticated.They sms you and say everything's set, ma'am, at so and so time.
Kita pun pergi.First, the place is tersorok (you have to go to 5th level then take the escalator down to the 4th level).We were promised Australian cuisine, fresh from the farm.We got them! The duck tasted like it's from the farm, unplucked.Z and I nak termuntah! We miss Makcik Yah's itik sula (she's Nik's grand aunty in Kota Bharu who knows how to prepare itik sula..makanan istana raja Kelantan of ancient days.Bau hanyir itik langsung takda!).We joked, Makcik Yah should work at Hilton's Senses.

I ordered organic chicken.Yup.Rasa mcm reban ayam.I thought of ayam percik Kak Leha at Melati.Hahaha.We are so kampong, actually! But makanan at the Senses memang tak sedap.The bill..you won't believe.Dekat RM600! (utk 3 org).

If you are celebrating your bday at Chalet (Equitorial), they'd serenade you yah? Sini, the kitchen staff nyanyi tanpa music.Kesian I tengok dan dengar! I hear at Soul Out, the kitchen staff are trained professionally to sing and dance (while I think this may be a labour abuse, at least diners don't have to suffer so much!)

Anyway, happy bday Z.Bersyukurlah kita akan rezeki kita hari ini walaupun tak sedap!May God bless all your 17 years and more.
And to all moms, happy mom's day.I hope your men will spoil you rotten.

3 comments:

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

thank you! and happy mother's day!

Aree Tone WoW said...

Happy mother's day for all mom all the world...special guest to my mom....

Faridah said...

To Z: Thank you for getting me a mom's day gift (finally!)

To Zul army personel: i don't know you but thanks for visiting my blog.I believe syurga di bawah tapak kaki ibu.Happy Mom's Day to you and your Mom too.